Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Dog won't go outside to potty?

So I adopted a new puppy, and she can't seem to go outside when I ask her to go potty outside? Are there doggy doors now and if so where? I checked build mode and don't see them! I even placed a door that had the "pet" symbol for the pet expansion and nothing!
  • Thats why i dont have dogs in this game. It makes no sense. You should need to actually go outside with your dog like in real life. In any case, yes, there are dog doors. They are the same as the cat ones, you probably will need the bigger one. They are located in the door category.. (go figure lol).
    MissIcewolf
    Seasoned Rookie
    Did you potty train the dog? They won't go out unless you potty train them first.
  • I'm in the crick cabana in willow creek. And I still can't find the doors! I'm in build mode and I just see regular doors!
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    It’s very confusing because in the catalog they look like regular sized doors, It took me time to notice them!!

"CareyWarrior;c-17740603" wrote:
    I'm in the crick cabana in willow creek. And I still can't find the doors! I'm in build mode and I just see regular doors!

• The Crick Cabana has front stairs leading from the porch to the yard. Puppies can't climb stairs.
  • "Icewolf;c-17740600" wrote:
    Did you potty train the dog? They won't go out unless you potty train them first.

I think so if by potty train you mean by lecturing her every time she did her business inside instead of outside then a message pops up saying she has learned not to go potty inside? Yeah, that message has came up like three times and she still doesn't go outside? Also I still can't find the doggy doors no matter how hard I look for them
  • "mightysprite;c-17740644" wrote:
    The Crick Cabana has front stairs leading from the porch to the yard. Puppies can't climb stairs.

@mightysprite is right, You'll need to get your sim too pick the pup up too take it down the stairs lol that's what a meant by my comment, then tell it to go potty
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    My dogs magically open their own doors, lol, so no doggy doors are needed. But yes, if you have stairs, puppies need help with those.