Forum Discussion

mariefoxprice83
New Vanguard
6 years ago

Dying from laughter

I just had this happen for the first time ever. I'd given up hope of it ever happening in my game. Elizabeth was having a fine old time hanging out with her brother, I was going to have her tell a joke then put her daughter to bed. I went to check my Facebook then moments later, she was lying on the floor and Grimmy was there. It seems her husband got home at the worst possible moment, poor guy.

I was tempted to have the husband plead with Grimmy but then I thought it would be more fun to see if he can raise the little girl alone. Elizabeth will be interred in the family crypt in the morning.
  • Sims with toddlers seem to get to Very Playful pretty easily, especially if their needs are kept high. A happy Sims does something playful and BAM! They're thisclose to becoming hysterical! I send them to the nearest mirror to calm down or, if they're already hysterical, to go take a nap.
  • I took pictures of when it happened in my game for the very first time. My Global Superstar was throwing a Charity Benefit Event at a local bar. His brother-in-law was a bit into his cups and when Erik told him a joke, it was simply too much for the Vulcan. Moments later, when his wife became aware, she became Hysterical and died, too. It was a two-fer.

Much later on, and fairly recently, after we got the patch and IL, the game seemed intent on taking out Erik, too. He died an Hysterical death twice and was headed for it a third time, when I substituted the game save for the back-up one I'd made prior to patching. :open_mouth:

Unless or until they fix this weird problem, I have used MCCC to disable emotional deaths in my game. Something I'd much rather not have to do, since the game can be way too tame as it is. And I can take having my favorite Sim pass away. I once used him as my Founder and he died. But, when the game appears to be targeting him, that I won't tolerate. LOL
  • I've had this happen to 2 different heirs in the same family. The first was a unpleasant surprise and she had just gotten married but I went along with it because it took my game into a different direction which can be refreshing.

The 2nd time I was not happy. My heir had just had her 3rd daughter and i sent her to go eat. Hubby and the oldest were at school, while the toddler and newborn were both sleeping. The next thing you know I'm looking at the kitchen table but Iylah is not there...then time speeds up and I saw grimmy. Needless to say I quit without saving. Didn't want Sheldon being widower with 3 small children.
  • I had this happen as well but I have no idea how. My sims couple just had their second baby. Mom was in with the toddler and suddenly I get a notification that the dad is dying of hysteria. Go to the living room and he is just standing their laughing uncontrollably :open_mouth: I was like "no no no" and started over. Lost a bit of gameplay but that's okay. Not leaving the sim mom as a widow with a baby and toddler.
  • @Funnydesigner2020 Holy Wow! That is some drama! And all in a short period of time. I did really enjoy how you described everything, I could imagine it all taking place in my head. LOL
  • One of my sims died from freezing to death as she witnessed another sim frozen to death. I lost 19 sims at one time due to that! So I went back to an earlier save because I had plans for that sim. So I get her through college, get married, have twins. Then she is standing in the kitchen and I get a notification that she is laughing to death! I think Grimmy had it in for her from the beginning!
  • Once my sim did a comedy stand up during the Comedy/Mischief Festival and ended up killing at least 6 sims with laughter and then herself.

Pretty much summed up 2020.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,072 PostsLatest Activity: 8 minutes ago