Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Emotional Deaths

I am pleading with y’all to remove emotional deaths. This is insane; 3 jokes in and my chick is dying of laughter. Thank goodness I just saved it before it happened. I usually rely on Deaderpool for this thing but I had all my mods uninstalled because of the new update and pack. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for console players.
  • I completely agree! I keep them at bay with MCC too.

I wouldn't like them removed as I'm sure there are players that like them, but a toggle to turn them on and off would be very welcome!
  • I actually love the emotional deaths. The game needs more unpredictability and chaos. There’s like almost no negative consequences for anything, and accidental deaths are already so rare, practically none of my sims die of anything other than old age.

If anything, I wish they’d make the game even more dangerous and up the emotional deaths and make them more common lol. I need drama in my game.
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    I've never lost a sim to laughter that wasn't on a purpose. It happens if you let happy moodlets pile up, for instance engagement and marriage in a very short time. So I guess I just don't make my sims that happy, it's not what I aim for.
  • my sims rarely and I mean RARELY die to emotional deaths, out of all my runs in sims 4; only 2 died to anger... lol...
    A optional switch to enable/ disable would work, but nerfing the probably would be no different than removing it since it is mostly rare in my books.

OR better yet, get someone to make a mod to disable emotional deaths! OR turn off death through cheats.
  • I think I've only had a couple of emotional deaths, and I've owned the game since release.
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    I feel like the playful death is the most common and it's the one I don't like. Sims are always skewed in favor of happy emotions so playful bumps up very quickly into hysterical with just a few interactions. I wish I could turn that one off.

The Anger death I like, I feel like it makes sense, and the death from Embarrassment is meh, but seems pretty rare, at least in my game. Death from fright and sadness would have made more sense, but because the Scared emotion ramps up so quickly, I can see why it doesn't have a death because it goes over the top all the time and can spread to other Sims. I love that Sims can experience fear, but I think it still needs some tuning, like with thunderstorms. I also wish they had allowed us to choose what our Sims were afraid of, or that fear was more connected to traits.
  • "LiELF;c-18244958" wrote:
    I feel like the playful death is the most common and it's the one I don't like. Sims are always skewed in favor of happy emotions so playful bumps up very quickly into hysterical with just a few interactions. I wish I could turn that one off.

The Anger death I like, I feel like it makes sense, and the death from Embarrassment is meh, but seems pretty rare, at least in my game. Death from fright and sadness would have made more sense, but because the Scared emotion ramps up so quickly, I can see why it doesn't have a death because it goes over the top all the time and can spread to other Sims. I love that Sims can experience fear, but I think it still needs some tuning, like with thunderstorms. I also wish they had allowed us to choose what our Sims were afraid of, or that fear was more connected to traits.

You worded this so much better than I did. This is exactly what I experience and feel about the deaths.
  • "RapidRabidRabbit;c-18244193" wrote:
    I actually love the emotional deaths. The game needs more unpredictability and chaos. There’s like almost no negative consequences for anything, and accidental deaths are already so rare, practically none of my sims die of anything other than old age.

If anything, I wish they’d make the game even more dangerous and up the emotional deaths and make them more common lol. I need drama in my game.

I would like more drama too but I guess the emotional stuff seem a little silly to me. I am also a little bit of a control freak when it comes to my sims too so that’s probably why I feel that way.