Forum Discussion

kafreeman095
Seasoned Newcomer
22 days ago

Expansion pack ideas. TW:

I think there should be an expansion pack for in depth family play.  Such as there can be a (Trigger warning) families that arent perfect such as a member the rest of the family dislikes because he is abusive… family members who are alcoholics ik ea would use something like “Juicer”  Members that dislike the rest of the family..  members who are addicts to some type of party substance…. Ik there is a mod for this but ive corrupted files before doing it the wrong way and itd just be more fun with an expansion pack.   

Another expansion pack could be royalty living.  Like the dad be King, mom be Queen, daughters be princesses and so forth.  

SnaveXs
    Seasoned Scout

I don't think The Sims series is the kind of game that should include abuse and alcoholism. The Sims can't even fight without laughing afterwards. I think another game could take on that realism. If you want to give your Sims an addiction, there's the grilled cheese aspiration. The Sims was more of a fun satire than real life. 

• There's coffee  addiction in the game and nectar drinking has specific consequences and you can have sims fight and be a nuisance to others if that's what you wish. As for the kings and queens stuff I don't really see the attraction, except maybe for the historical gowns and possibly furniture. Or maybe if they add in a dastardly pirate who kidnaps the princess and keeps her on an island and a handsome knight gets to rescue her while riding a fierce dragon. If it has adventure, dragons and a sword fighting skill I might like it.  

Jehane40
      New Rookie

If you ditch the dragon and turn the pirate into a ghost, you basically got Monkey Island, Sims-style 😁

LaunchSneezes
    Seasoned Hotshot

From someone who has been in a severely abusive relationship with an alcoholic, and knowing how some people get ptsd and other serious long lasting problems from that sort of thing - I would say no way should that be in this sort of game. There is mischief, there are mean interactions, and deviance and so on, which should be enough for chaos I would think. You can create all kinds of intensely chaotic relationships as is. I really cannot fathom the need for something as serious and potentially deadly as abuse in the game. There are plenty of dark games with addiction, alcoholism, whatnot. But for a life sim that people use to escape - just, no, 100% no. I mean there are even a lot of people who can't play Disney Dreamlight Valley because of how manipulative and abusive Mother Gothel's whole persona / storyline is. I would bet that a lot of people would stop playing Sims if something that triggering were added. 

justinb113
    Seasoned Adventurer

I’m a BIG fan of the royalty pack idea.  I think it would go down much better as a gamepack than an expansion pack so I’m not sure they’d make it.

But the build and CAS would be awesome before we even think about gameplay.

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Abusive family expansion pack? Now that's something I'll say 0% to. Imagine what the tagline would be. And add "for $39.99" in the end.

The closest I can bring out there is Growing Together and its family dynamics. Children and parents can have the Difficult dynamic with each other. Go with some mean interactions or use a keepsake box.

Thanks for the tw though.

SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Vanguard

If there was an Expansion Pack that could help with the "twisted" family relationships in the game, I'm for it.  Certain family households of mine so needs it.

I have a household of Cinderella where her Stepmother (actual Mother) has a Distant Dynamic Relationship & is an enemy with poor Cinderella.

I also have a household of Alice with her long lost twin sister Malice in Wonderland who has a Distant Dynamic Relationship & enemy with their Aunt, The Queen of Hearts.

And a household of Dorothy with her long lost cousin, Zelena The Wicked Witch that also has a Distant Dynamic Relationship.

• Pretty much all expansions seem to already be about family. 

Main thing I want is more fantasy, we have yet to see a full expansion dedicated to an exciting theme, it's always boring real life stuff. Give me science fiction, more fantasy, superheroes, time travel, martial arts, more adventuring locations, more risky things with chances of bad things happening to sims, even possible death. Bring back burglars too. 

We need more excitement. 

SheriSim
    Seasoned Scout

I’m still waiting for cars.  Besides working on cars at home it would be nice to have a gas station, with a fast food store and car wash attached.  It could be a lot type that we could build, we should also be able to own it as a business and work on cars there if we want to.  They could also throw in a couple of new rabbi hole  jobs too like part time/full time gas attendant (perfect for teens) and car washer.  Of course having a car where you can listen to music, make out, drive with infants and toddlers in car seats and teaching teens how to drive would be a must.

once they work out the game breaking bugs in for rent, I would also like to see a hotel/ motel pack, perfect for a pack after cars.  Public transportation would be great too.