Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Favorite and least favorite packs?

What are your favorite and least favorite packs? Be sure to include at least one for each type! Feel free to update as more packs are added.

Favorite expansion: Get together. I cannot live without the clubs and I am in love with the build buy stuff and the world.

Least favorite expansion: Get to work. I like the concept but it feels so incredibly half baked to me and it's way too linear.

Favorite gamepack: Dine out. I still get excited playing restaurants as I was day 1, I love then so much.

Least favorite game pack: Outdoor retreat. I don't dislike it at all, it's just my least used out of them all.

Favorite stuff pack: Movie hangout or cool kitchen. Can't decide, I love them both.

Least favorite stuff pack: perfect patio. I couldnt care less about this stuff pack, I only bought it for the hot tubs. The cas is alright but the buy stuff bores me to tears.

Airakale
    New Spectator
    Favorite EP: City Living. I really like the idea of living in a big city. The CAS and building stuff are awesome. Some lot trait like haunted TLC or cursed added a lot of fun when I played it. Also part of the reason I choose it is because of Jordan Mayer and the UFO fruit I got during the spice festival.

Least Favorite EP: Get Together. While I do enjoy Windenburg and its beautiful European buildings, I don't like the concept of clubs or nightclubs as much. I am not a party animal and find doing only a few things over and over only to earn points boring.

Favorite GP: Vampire of course! Deep down my heart I do have some wild fantasies and vampires are definitely one of those. I love the Gothic CAS and building stuff and I happened to be a fan of F. W. Murnau. Also I quite like Spa Day. I just love to watch sims give/be given massages no matter in Sims 2, freeplay or 4. Maybe that's because I personally want to go for a spa but never have a chance to.

Least Favorite GP: Parenthood. I understand that there are lots of family player, but unfortunately I have hate children trait myself and the only reasons I make my sims have babies are for storylines and Voidcritters collection. This pack just makes those already terrible little monsters even more annoying for me and don't mention the bug when sims do invisible dishes all the time which drives me crazy...... I bought it, and soon deeply regretted my decision. So now I mainly using cheats and leave the kids alone-- can't stand them.

Favorite SP: Really hard to choose. I like most of them. I love the butlers from the Vintage Glamours that make my life with those little sim kids much easier, and wishing wells, fountains and other decors from Romantic Garden, the Popcorn machine, movie screen, tree with lanterns from Movie Hangouts, hot tubs from the Perfect Patios, ice cream maker from Cool Kitchen, buffet table and the fountain of mirth from the Luxury Party and the cursed paintings, pumpkin carving, treats or tricks and costumes from Spooky Stuff. Everything is great!

Least Favorite SP: Fitness Stuff and Bowling Night maybe. I am not a person who likes sports and am content with the swimming pool. And when Eco Living comes out it may join this category, as I personally find the concepts of wedding, funeral and amusement park more interesting and was quite disappointed with the voting result.
  • Favourite expansion: city living. the festivals are great and the whole singing thing yeeeah!
    Least favourite expansion: get together. i just find the groups generally dull.

Favourite pack: vampires!! #heapsgoth
    Least favourite pack: outdoor retreat. there's nothing to it!
  • Favorite EP: City Living
    Least Favorite EP: Get Together
    Favorite Game Pack: Parenthood
    Least Favorite Game Pack: Vampires
    And I don’t have any stuff packs...
  • I think I like Cats and Dogs the most. I would say vampires, but I would like to have more opinions with them...
    and the least favourite would be Bowling Stuff, like you only have some bowling area as a new thing and it get's boring after some time...
  • Favorite expansion: Get together. It's such a game changer that I could not imagine playing without it.

Least favorite expansion: Get to work. I don't do retails and the new careers felt like a lot of work. Sixam is as boring as hell. I can't even have my male sim get abducted and impregnated.

Favorite gamepack: Vampires, nuff said.

Least favorite game pack: Dine out. I just don't feel like it change my game play for the better.

Favorite stuff pack: Vintage Glamour Stuff because duh, butlers <3

Least favorite stuff pack: Spooky stuff. They're not spooky enough.
    Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    To date:

Favourite EP: Get together

Lest favourite EP: City Living

The next one is kind of hard as I don't think any GP is particularly terrible or bad even.

Favourite GP: Vampires

Least favourite GP: Spa Day

Favourite SP: Vintage Glamour and Bowlling Stuff

Least favourite SP: Fitness Stuff because I find the gameplay object (wall climbing treadmill) to be the worst of all SP's. Toddler SP and Cool Kitchen come next.
  • Favorite expansion: City Living. I like all the other packs too which are weather, pets, the one with the partying, and get to work, but City living is just my favorite. Why? I love the karaoke so SO much. Adding singing to the game makes the game just so much more fun. I love the fact that they sing awful at first and then grow into great singers, and how they laugh at their own bad singing during karaoke. The festivals were also so much fun to explore, though I don't go to them a lot anymore since once ya seen it a couple times, ya seen it, you know how it is. I also love how there are new recipes to learn from buying from stalls, it adds a nice "gotta catch-em all!" style to the gameplay!

Favorite game pack: Vampires! (I haven't tried any of the others yet. They just seemed a bit 'meh' for my tastes, and the comercials did not convince me that they would be fun for me. Though I may get the newest one where they can explore stuff later on this year, or when it goes on sale.)

Favorite stuff pack: None. I don't buy this. I can make CC so there is not much appeal in buying something I can make myself. Unless it's like amazing fairy/pixie sparkly stuff, because I love fairies/elves/pixies, but I rather it all be included in a game-pack. Maybe one day a stuff pack will come out that can blow me away and I just have to get it, but this has not been the case for me yet.

Overall I think stuff packs mostly appeal to simmers who enjoy building/creating, and simmers who enjoy building/creating and playing. I mostly enjoy the playing part, and allthough I do definitely build houses and create sims, I only do this because I am picky and I want everything to be how I want it to be. Though I will also admit to downloading a lot of lots and sims from the library, praise the allmighty genius who made the library happen!

• Fave ep - Seasons, it affects the entire game not just one bundle of new related elements that I'd barely use and it makes the gameplay a lot more dynamic.
    Least fave ep - I have to go with City Living. I've no interest in apartments and the festivals are far too short to get anything done. So I never really go to any.

Fave gp - Vampires. I love vampires and they have done a great job with them this time round.
    Least fave gp - Outdoor retreat. I've had it since it came out and only been there twice so far. I don't like vacationing in the game, I get bored after a day and there isn't really much to do or accomplish there if you don't collect.

Fav sp -I would have said Vintage Glamour because of the butler but they are useless so I will go with romantic garden, I love the statues and wishing well.
    Least fav sp - Laundry day.
  • Favorite Expansion Pack: Seasons (This has always been my favorite since Sims 2)
    Least Favorite Expansion Pack: Get To Work (I don't necessarily hate it, but the others are definitely better)

Favorite Game Pack: Dine Out (These are the best restaurants in the franchise's history. Building them is even better)
    Least Favorite Game Pack: Outdoor Retreat (Again, don't necessarily hate it... but prefer the others much more)

Favorite Stuff Pack: Backyard (this pack really helps me make backyards that look full and realistic)
    Least Favorite Stuff Pack: My First Pet (the reason is obvious... or at least should be. I still haven't even bought it)