Forum Discussion

allthemore44
Rising Newcomer
4 years ago

Fertilizing oversized crops?

My sims is a level 5 gardener and has fertilizer in her inventory, but when I click on my oversized plants I don't get any option to fertilize them. What am I doing wrong?
  • They only get giant with the right combination of fertilizers. You can tell if they're ready to be harvested because you'll have the option to harvest them. They aren't like regular plants. The vine/bush/whatever goes away entirely after the harvest.
  • You’re not guaranteed giant produce. There are 3 possible outcomes to mature oversized crops

• 4 crops in a bed = small
    • 2 crops in a bed = medium
    • 1 crop in a bed = large/giant

If the fertilize option isn’t showing but an option or options to harvest are then the crops are fully mature and with 4 in a bed you have small oversized crops. You can replant after you harvest and try again for large.
  • "becks1112;d-992961" wrote:
    My sims is a level 5 gardener and has fertilizer in her inventory, but when I click on my oversized plants I don't get any option to fertilize them. What am I doing wrong?

If recently fertilized, have to wait awhile. For "oversized" you can only fertilize with "oversize" fertilizer. Interestingly enough, you can use several types of the special ones on one "oversized" plant.
  • "wylmite1986;c-17956879" wrote:
    Are they still growing or are they ready to be harvested?

I'm not sure. There are four in each patch, but they're not giant.