Forum Discussion

MVWdeZT
New Adventurer
7 years ago

For people with 1000+ hours on TS4 -- What keeps you playing?

I noticed today that I've put in 3369 hours since I got TS4 on the day it released. I know what keeps me interested in the Sims, but I'd like to hear from other people who have put in a lot of time.
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    What keeps me playing is rotating (something I rarely did in previous games,) and constantly changing stories. Each household is sooooo different that it feels new each time I play them. I've seen some simmers say how the game gets boring for them because they keep making the same type of families. I have single sims, huge families, rich, poor, snobby, giving, homeless, addicts, politicians, small and large business owners, daycares, gangs, animal lovers, faithful sims, cheating sims, and a secret woohoo club... The list goes on. Never a dull moment.
  • I have thousands of hours of gameplay as well. Although I have played for years, there are still things I haven't tried/found/noticed yet. But the number one reason I stick with the game is that I have become attached to my Sims and start to miss them at some point if I haven't played for a while - as if they were actual people in my life. When I load up the game again it's like coming home and catching up, and it's time to make new plans :)
  • Origin says I have 10200 hours in game. For me sims is my creative outlet, I love building houses, making sims, and creating stories with the little simulated people. Will I make their dreams come true, or will I make their lives miserable. Will they get married and raise a family, end up as a single parent, or live as a long time bachelor/bachelorette? I do all kinds of stories with my sims.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    I have put in more than 4000 hrs and the reasons why I do that resounds throughout all the responses so far. I have been simming since 2000 and it doesn't seem like it is slowing down any time soon. I love this game more than any other so it's the only one I play...for all the reasons stated in the past 2 pages. <3