Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Gamepack sale?

Do gamepacks usually go 50% off instead of 25% around Thanksgiving? Currently they are 25% off, and I want to get spa day (aka the nails) and parenthood, but I don’t know whether I should wait another week and see if they go lower.
    CaprianaB
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Disappointed in the sale. Was really hoping to get DHD, Cottage Living, and Paranormal at 50% off. Sigh.
  • "EternalSunshine;c-18011405" wrote:
    In the past, GPs & SPs would go on sale for 50% off a couple times a year. However, this year the Origin sales have been disappointing, with GPs & SPs only being discounted at 20% or 25%. The last really good Origin sale was last year's Summer Sale when all packs (except Eco Lifestyle) were 50% off. That was the last sale where all GPs were 50% off. Last year, in addition to the Summer Sale, SPs were also discounted at 50% off during the Black Friday & Winter Sales.

I don't know if GPs & SPs will ever have another 50% off sale on Origin, but EA will not get any more GP or SP purchases from me unless & until they do.

Very disappointing. Snowy Escape that was released in November got a 50% Sale only after 1 Month. And now we are here, after 4 Months and Cottage Living is still not 50% off. I guess it sells well, but still...

I fear we wont see 50% Sales on Gameplay and Stuff Packs because of the introduction of kits. I mean it would be wierd to have a 4.99 Stuff pack next to a 4.99 Kit

And since i dont think Kits will ever be on a sale or at least not in the next two years we have to deal with the 25% or 20% in GP and SPs
  • "PreCiious;c-18015282" wrote:

Very disappointing. Snowy Escape that was released in November got a 50% Sale only after 1 Month. And now we are here, after 4 Months and Cottage Living is still not 50% off. I guess it sells well, but still...

Actually I have the impression it depends on the time of the year in which the EP was released. I managed to get several EP November releases (get famous, university and snowy escape) for 50% off on origin around Christmas, so less than 2 months. June releases often take nearly half a year to get a 50% discount. I had to wait until November or December to get island living and eco lifestyle at 50% on origin.
  • They were 25% off for Black Friday 2020.

https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/21/black-friday-2020-deals-megapost-save-big-on-the-sims-4-games/
    Mannanna
    New Spectator
    Black Friday sales are on now until Nov.30
    Cottage living is marked down 38% but game packs only 20%.
  • "mannanna;c-18011306" wrote:
    Black Friday sales are on now until Nov.30
    Cottage living is marked down 38% but game packs only 20%.

On Origin Dream Home Decorator and Spa Day are 20% off, the other game packs are 25% :)
  • I put together a spreadsheet of prices for the currently available Sims 4 products (sale lasts till 11/30). The web address is below (I'm not quite where I can post photos just yet).
    There are a few Game Packs I wasn't able to find the sale price for because I already own them and the sale pricing isn't fully standardized as it seems to be with the other packs.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pejfBDwHKWZ143Jt6