Forum Discussion

tiffrenee1007
New Spectator
10 years ago

Ghosts

For some reason it bothers me when I go to the hospital to have my baby, I see a ghost tending to the front desk. I miss how rare seeing a ghost used to be.
  • I've seen a ghost all but one time after telling a ghost story. No more after that. Oh and after giving someone ghost goo. I'd like to see more without killing any sims...
  • Actually ghosts are really rare, I honestly don't know how someone can miss not seeing one. The same goes for aliens.

The hospital thing is the only place they apear after one of the NPC's dies or something.
  • I hope they do something about it. I really don't want ghosts at my work :neutral:
  • I have a ghost Sim who appears on the family tree (only 3 generations) yet can't find her on household management at all? Is there a way I can locate her to bring her back to being an active sim? She doesn't even appear at ghost events at bars or anything?
  • No, she isn't in any relationship panels (Don't know if it is because I marked her parents household as unplayed once) There is oddly no gravestone for her either. I haven't seen her at any ghost events at the bars or during a Remembrance tradition. My only other ghost still shows up on a lot of lots. How sad that she was culled. > @EgonVM said:
    > Adam2692 wrote: »
    >
    > I have a ghost Sim who appears on the family tree (only 3 generations) yet can't find her on household management at all? Is there a way I can locate her to bring her back to being an active sim? She doesn't even appear at ghost events at bars or anything?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is she in the relationship panel? Does her gravestone/urn has Delete interaction? If yes, she got culled and doesn't exist anymore. Thanks to the developers culled sims/children taken away by social services stay in the family tree. You have an option to accept it, recreate her or restore old save.
    > Find her gravestone/urn. If there's not an interaction to delete it, she still exists. Ghosts (sims who die) are put in the invisible household (like Grim Reaper) so you can't find her in the Household Managment. If you have Seasons expansion pack, ghosts appear on the streets when holiday with either Remembrance or Spooky Spirit tradition occurs.
    > For the future:
    > How to make a ghost active sim?
    > You'll have to befriend ghost. When the relationship is high enough (about 90% positive friendship) you can ask the ghost to move in. You can also use testingcheats to add the ghost to your household. Just shift-click on the gravestone and choose Add Ghost to Household.
    >
    > Ghost Culling?
    > Ghosts get culled after 90 days pass. When 14 days are left, you'll get the warning that the ghost is about to move on. To reset the timer, go to their gravestone/urn and choose to restore the strenght. To delete the ghost, just click on the gravestone and choose Release the Spirit to Netherworld. Unplayed sims who die get culled quickly. Ghosts can be saved from culling by adding them to the household.
    >
    > What is culling?
    > Culling is the game deleting sims to make room for newly generated sims.
    >
    > Here's a code to enable testingcheats. To disable it, just replace on with off. testingcheats on
    >
    > (Spoiler)
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Adam2692;c-16611881" wrote:
    No, she isn't in any relationship panels (Don't know if it is because I marked her parents household as unplayed once) There is oddly no gravestone for her either. I haven't seen her at any ghost events at the bars or during a Remembrance tradition. My only other ghost still shows up on a lot of lots. How sad that she was culled. > @EgonVM said:
    > Adam2692 wrote: »
    >
    > I have a ghost Sim who appears on the family tree (only 3 generations) yet can't find her on household management at all? Is there a way I can locate her to bring her back to being an active sim? She doesn't even appear at ghost events at bars or anything?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is she in the relationship panel? Does her gravestone/urn has Delete interaction? If yes, she got culled and doesn't exist anymore. Thanks to the developers culled sims/children taken away by social services stay in the family tree. You have an option to accept it, recreate her or restore old save.
    > Find her gravestone/urn. If there's not an interaction to delete it, she still exists. Ghosts (sims who die) are put in the invisible household (like Grim Reaper) so you can't find her in the Household Managment. If you have Seasons expansion pack, ghosts appear on the streets when holiday with either Remembrance or Spooky Spirit tradition occurs.
    > For the future:
    > How to make a ghost active sim?
    > You'll have to befriend ghost. When the relationship is high enough (about 90% positive friendship) you can ask the ghost to move in. You can also use testingcheats to add the ghost to your household. Just shift-click on the gravestone and choose Add Ghost to Household.
    >
    > Ghost Culling?
    > Ghosts get culled after 90 days pass. When 14 days are left, you'll get the warning that the ghost is about to move on. To reset the timer, go to their gravestone/urn and choose to restore the strenght. To delete the ghost, just click on the gravestone and choose Release the Spirit to Netherworld. Unplayed sims who die get culled quickly. Ghosts can be saved from culling by adding them to the household.
    >
    > What is culling?
    > Culling is the game deleting sims to make room for newly generated sims.
    >
    > Here's a code to enable testingcheats. To disable it, just replace on with off. testingcheats on
    >
    > (Spoiler)

I'm sorry about it. :(
    Like I said, you can recreate her or restore the older save.
  • Its crazy how sims will get sad moodlets and want to "cry it out" in bed for days while their deceased family member is chilling out 50 feet away watching TV.
  • Go to 'manage households' and delete the ghost ones. Problem solved.