Forum Discussion

kukkahilla
Seasoned Rookie
3 hours ago

How many ghosts do you have in your game?

Now that the new Life & Death EP is coming and the ghosts get an update, I was wondering how many playable ghosts do you have in your game at the moment? Would you like to introduce them in this thread?

0️⃣👻 none!

1️⃣-3️⃣ a couple of ghosts

4️⃣-8️⃣ some, the more the merrier

9️⃣ or more, I have this ghost town...

*️⃣👻 some, but I don't play them

• I don't have any playable ghosts but there are three lots that are haunted by ghosts. A cemetery, a mansion and a rental castle. 

kukkahilla
      Seasoned Rookie

That sounds nice! It's fun to have some haunted lots 💛

• A couple of ghosts in my game!

I've never played them, but when a sim dies I leave their ghosts for a year (for relatives to mourn), then  free their spirit as they get moved to the graveyard or crypt. In a few cases I "forget" to free the spirit, mostly if I want there to be a dead founder haunting, or I want ghosts seekers to find at least one ghost if they visit the graveyard in late hours. I see the ghosts more as a deco element than a gaming feature, though. I have so many living sims that deserve more attention, besides I need to limit the number of my population.

•  

*️⃣👻 some, but I don't play them

I let most of my sims pass and be forgotten, but there are some I've kept around as playable ghosts. I don't really play them though because they're extremely boring. My favourite thing to do is place their urn or another lot and have them as regular night time visitors there (they can't be culled when they're favourited, which unfortunately can happen if you don't make your ghosts playable).

Hento Jytky and Sini Luotto are some of my first sims from about 10 IRL years back. They were not a couple when they were alive, but found each other in the afterlife.
    Pähkinä Jytky died on his YA birthday because of a teenage embarrased mood swing. Currently his girlfriend Marina is trying to make ambrosia to revive him.
    Kakku is my first dog. She is Irish woldhound. I don't usually keep ghosts mixed in the played households, but Kakku's owner Max is a bit special child and he wouldn't let go of his dog... so now he has a ghost dog among the living ones.
    Royce Powers is a spellcaster who died of old age. He had an eventful life. He actually became a playable sim when his vampire wife wished for a love from the wishing well!
    Uljas Tykki died very recently because of an unfortunate asteroid accident (yes I did not intend to kill him, but since accidental deaths are rare I accepted the loss). I had thought of bringing him back to life, but now I think he will be a played ghost instead.