Forum Discussion

Frn0731
New Spectator
9 months ago

Going camping.

What ever happened to pack refreshes? We need swimming in Granite falls. Every campsite I have ever been to on a lake has swimming. There is a beach so why not refresh Outdoor Retreat and include swimming. It's the first pack and it needs swimming and lazing around on floaties. There is a beach!! While you're at it why not make everybeach swimmable?
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    I still wish Outdoor Retreat got a refresh. I so agree that Granite Falls should have a swimmable lake. Also, It would be so perfect if it could finally have some residental lots & actual hotel venues. ;)
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    Let's not forget an update for tents to allow sims to take their infant into a tent. Leaving the little ones outside of the tent during a thunderstorm seems wrong.

An update to outdoor retreat would be most welcome. Swimmable water, perhaps a new activity like archery,...
    Frn0731
    New Spectator
    @Atreya33 Wow I never realized that infants couldn't go in the tents, how dumb is that/
  • Outdoor retreat didn't offer as much gameplay as I expected. I believe patches to outdoor retreat should be made to incorporate the following suggestions: fly fishing (advanced fishing skill features), campfires that are upgradeable using the handiness skill to add cooking spits for more campfire related cooking options. New wildlife such as deers and pheasants that will spawn in the forest. And new events, such as a nature excursion, that allow you to explore and hunt in the forest (yields venison and pheasant meat). New camping related outdoor activities like archery and wood carving.
  • Outdoor retreat is one of my favorite packs. It was the first one that I rebought when I started over with Playstation. It was interesting to play it without Seasons as it was originally played. I would like swimmable water there.

I would be willing to pay for a short list of updates that would be applied to multiple worlds. I would be happy to purchase a pack that did nothing more than add swimmable water and customized bar foods to the older worlds. I play on Playstation and have no mods.

I would buy $5 add-on packs that did things like add spa stuff to preexisting gyms, or add restaurants to preexisiting worlds.

I don't expect much in free updates. I am willing to pay for the things that I want.
  • "Katofhyrule12;c-18343964" wrote:
    Outdoor retreat is one of my favorite packs. It was the first one that I rebought when I started over with Playstation. It was interesting to play it without Seasons as it was originally played. I would like swimmable water there.

I would be willing to pay for a short list of updates that would be applied to multiple worlds. I would be happy to purchase a pack that did nothing more than add swimmable water and customized bar foods to the older worlds. I play on Playstation and have no mods.

I would buy $5 add-on packs that did things like add spa stuff to preexisting gyms, or add restaurants to preexisiting worlds.

I don't expect much in free updates. I am willing to pay for the things that I want.

Yes, the fact the mods are not console compatible is disadvantages for console players. And console players depend on DLC content to improve gameplay. The fact that DLCs don't have cross compatibility is nonsensical. If Sulani has beach front lots, then other worlds like granite falls or willow creek should have interactive lakefront properties and rivers.

The espresso bar and professional bar have such limited gameplay, that it's outrageous. There is no reasonable barista career and skill to match the cafe/espresso bar gameplay. There is a mixology branch for the culinary career, but not a barista branch. There is also limited diversity for coffee and alcoholic beverages.

I like the fitness/wellness activities added by spa day, however, I would have expected Snowy Escape to add a martial arts activity and skill or outdoor retreat to have hunting and forest excursions. Literally, you can just hike around the forest. At least the mountain excursion from Snowy Escape is more detailed.

I also don't understand how OR didn't add any forest animals and instead added NPCs walking around in bear costumes. Like where are the deers, opossums, eagles, and such for OR?
    Frn0731
    New Spectator
    Out door retreat is a pack I use in all my saves. It is beautiful in the winter and I always take my sims there for Christmas. I leave a house all decorated for this occasion. The camping and hunting for bugs in the summer is a nice vacation for families or couples, I just wish the activities were more group orientated. And it just needs swimming. I also like the idea of forest animals and fly fishing.
    Frn0731
    New Spectator
    @SERVERFRA I would sure love to place hotels there but, I feel like that's just dreaming too big. *sigh