Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
6 years ago

good witch or bad witch?

yes, I know they are called "spellcasters" and not witches, but I'm still going to personally label my females witches. lol. Anyway, I didn't finish the livestream because I didn't want to be completely spoiled so I didn't see all what we can do with the magic. Is it possible to have a "good" spellcaster and a "bad" spellcaster? The answer to this question may altar how I may start playing the game.

Thanks!
  • "Kamio;c-17237306" wrote:
    There is no system/recognition of a good/bad witch. You could definitely play it that way though. If anything livestream showed that. It all comes down to your perception and play style. It is very open to player interpretation.

ok good to know. Thanks!
    neylajc
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "WolfNate;c-17237471" wrote:
    "Faust-RSI;c-17237377" wrote:
    1. You can interpret all you want but the game itself doesn't recognize it, period.
    2. Reputation system needs Get Famous installed, so don't bring it here.
    3. Alignment system was never about just good or bad. It always had neutrals (grey witches in TS2), so it is wrong to say it limits you.

Says the person not buying it and is extremely vocal about not buying and how stupid RoM is. If we who have GF want to use rep as an alignment system then so we can.

Don't even respond to that person. Constant negativity and attacking those who like Realm of Magic.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I agree with MasonGamer, it's how your spellcaster uses the magic. Personally my spellcaster will be a little of both, hehe. :D
    EmmaVane
    Seasoned Hotshot
    It depends on how the spells are used. For example, you can put out fires with with the same spell that mischievously freezes a sim. You could use a love spell between two single sims who you think would suit each other, or you could use it on enemies/their spouses to make them cheat on each other.

GF reputation system comes into play here, as others have said. If you don't have GF, then you would likely have to judge based on ratio of friends to enemies, or the intent behind actions (even if the results weren't as desired).
  • I'll want my evil witches to be seen publicly as good mostly.... I hope that's possible :)