Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Rising Rookie
2 years ago

Grape making v fizzy drink?

What is the difference between the wine or grape making thing in Horse Ranch and the Fizzy drink thing from Seasons?
    g01denswan
    Rising Spectator
    I’m not aware of any fizzy drinks in Seasons, but we can make fizzy drinks in Eco Lifestyle. I think the fizzy drinks in EL represent non-alcoholic carbonated fruit beverages while the nectars in HR represent alcoholic beverages.

In EL we use 3 fruits to create 6 bottles while in HR we use 3 fruits to create 1 bottle. In EL, we just need to fill the machine with the fruit we want, start fizzing, then wait to collect the bottles, but in HR, we need to fill the machine with specific fruit, stomp on the fruit, then cap the bottle.

Another difference is that fizzy drinks spoil over time, but the nectars increase in value over time.
  • The EL Juice Fizzing represents micro-breweries (beer, cider, ale etc). You do actually get Dazed from them if you drink several in a row, about 3-4 I think. The process is automated (set it and forget it until ready, have several running at once for mass production). It uses either the Focused or Inspired emotion (I forget) to boost quality (have to be in the right mood when collecting/starting a new batch). It's also used during the Freelance Crafter career, though in my experience it's the same gig each time (ToFizz, from soybeans). Fizzed juice is made in large batches of 6 fizz (beer)/kombucha (fermented tea) or 12 seltzers (alcoholic fruity fizzy water), from 5 fruit/veggie/flower/herb ingredients, or single bottles of fizz per ingredient if less than 5 used. There are no specific recipes, but certain ingredients skew towards certain colours/moods of fizz. There are a few special recipes like Grimbucha, Plasma Fizz and Bizarre Fruit Fizz that have additional uses.

Nectar Making is more like wine making. The process is more active (can stomp one batch per sim at a time), and quality doesn't matter as much as aging, both for effects and profit. It's more of a long term investment. It's boosted by the Energized skill (better quality, faster skill gain) and the Rancher trait (chance of two bottles instead of one). You get 1-2 bottles (4 servings each) from 3 ingredients. The nectars have various effects and moods, from making animals more amenable to your sim (Trash Nectar) to reviving sims or adding days to your life (Vitality Nectar). Aging nectar doubles the sale price at every stage, so one that starts at 55 simoleons Not Yet aged, doubles itself 3 times to 440... And that's before you add any additional mark ups from sales table or retail stores. There are specific recipes but later in the skill you unlock Fruit Nectar and Berry Nectar which allow more fruits to be used.
  • Ah Fizzy drinks came with Eco, no wonder I have been left to scratch my head. LOL I don't have Eco, by design. LOL Thank you for clearing that up for me. I kept thinking it came from Horse Ranch <----- Look, she finally got the name right. ')