Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Grim Reaper (contains spoilers)

Since I have been playing the Sims 4 I have not once had the Grim Reaper turn up on a community Lot, apart from the Sim families I play that came to the natural end of their life. But that all changed today! I had to share this with you as it was such a surprise in my game. Not a particuarly nice one to get but certainly a change to the humdrum I usually experience.

It was kind of a shock when I saw the Grim Reaper turned up for the very first time in all these years of playing while my Sim was at Powerhouse Meeting, at Harbor Gym. It was Winter and very cold and a Sim had frozen solid. Now one would have thought that one Sim was enough for the Reaper, but my silly Sims had other ideas. They were all standing around the body in the freezing cold, crying, dressed inapproprately in any clothing other than cold weather gear.

I may have forgiven the Reaper for taking one of my Sims, but one by one they were turning grey and freezing to death as they stood over each of the dead Sim crying. It took so long for the Reaper to do his job, in all he took 6 of the Sims, although my controlled Sim managed to plead with him and saved 3 of them. One of the Sim's to die was Lillith Pleasant, and another playable Sim, the third was "townie" Sim.

I was so busy trying to save Sims, get them to put on warmer clothing etc, that I missed the chance to get pictures or video. I thought the deaths were never going to stop LOL.

Should I take advantage of this disaster and try and resurrect the playable Sims or just accept it and play on? Should I go back to the previous saved game and try again. What would you do?

I have never been able to achieve the "Talk to the Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese" but perhaps now my Sim will have this chance to achieve this! LOL

Share your unexpected experience you had in your game.

I play a vanilla game without any mods or custom content. All EP's and GP's installed and most SP's.
  • Personally what I do is I would play through. It is little things like unexpected deaths that will make things interesting. Also now have the option as having a playable ghost.
  • When I have these dilemmas... I flip a coin. Literally. (Well, not literally. I grab my phone and say "Hey Siri, flip a coin"). Whatever the coin decides is above me now. LOL.

In your situation, I would keep going. That's a rare experience and worthy of seeing the fallout.