Forum Discussion

luciusstorm
Seasoned Veteran
9 months ago

(Growing Together) Trait swap for Jealous?

Does anyone know if you can swap the Jealous trait using Self Discovery? If so, what kind of things do you need to do it?

One of my sims has Jealous but lately she's been a bit out of hand. She freaks out if her girlfriend so much as talks to another sim. I'm hoping to change the trait but the Retraiting Potion will remove all her Self Discovery bonus traits and CAS Full Edit Mode makes me nervous because of the major bug it had. I'm hoping there is a "natural" way for her to grow beyond her jealousy.

Thanks
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Unfortunately, there is no way to swap out Jealous trait through Self-Discovery.

According to my findings, Jealous trait is in its own Self-Discovery category with no opposites. So, unfortunately, you're stuck with that unless you use cheats.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    @EgonVM, thank you! May I just say, amazing work on your research into this.
  • Hello! Yes, the jealous trait can be really repetitively annoying. If you're okay with using cheats, you could change 3 traits with the re-traiting potion. The milestones from the self-discovery traits should still be there and you could cheat those in. I've done this myself for a sim and it worked fine but maybe save first just in case. I hope you find a solution you're happy with.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    @whatkatieknit, thanks!

Having looked at the options, I'm going to try out the remove_trait cheat and see what breaks. :)

It's weird, because I've been playing the sim for a while now and until recently her Jealous trait was pretty much limited to persistent Tense moodlets (which I was happy with). Suddenly, she was all up in everyone's face about it. I'm not sure what changed. Oh well, onward.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "luciusstorm;c-18336973" wrote:
    @EgonVM, thank you! May I just say, amazing work on your research into this.

Thanks. Ever since I found out how to look into tuning files, I've looked into them to find things out I'm curious about. And when I do find it, I just don't want to keep it to myself.

Eventually, I might make a discussion where in the original post I gather every post about the things I've found out and shared.

But yeah, you'll have to remove Jealous trait with cheats. Last I checked months ago, Re-Traiting potion removes all the additional personality traits (still don't know if it resets the self-discovery counter or not).

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago