Forum Discussion

6 years ago

GTW Retail Done Right

I tried left and right to make retail work vanilla, but ultimately failed. Granted, this depends on what you consider "right", and if that is simply making money then there are ways of course to do so with retail, but as an experience and specially coming from TS2 OFB, it felt very broken. The main culprit here is the buff levels applied to employees, the requirement for sims to know a sim to use retail interactions and the dreaded "idle chat", the latter being more detrimental. Idle chat locks sims into conversations that really are not conversations, but rather standing around looping animations as if they were interacting. This prevents employees from "breaking free" and doing what they are supposed to do. Without it sims are forced to cycle real social interactions.

After almost 4 years little has been done to make it work. But I'm an avid mod advocate, and I found a combo that just about makes retail even be able to run on its own. But not everyone likes or wants to use mods nor should them to get a paid feature to work right?

This is my feedback on how to make retail run perfectly, it is already possible:

-Remove idle chat from all types of customers and employees (actually from the game would be fine)
-Buff tasks levels so they react faster
-Remove requirement to have met sim to use retail interactions
-(Optional) Assign higher buffs to backup tasks for employees that have nothing to do if their current task is done for the moment.

Mod combo that achieves this (if interested):
LittleSam's Retail Overhaul
Have Some Personality Please or SCAMv5 (remove idle chat manually)
**I also made and uploaded a mod to MTS that increases employee limit to 6**

This is what a day at retail looks like with me just running around helping to ring customers out and restock (since having 3 customers to ring up at the same time is common). Employees do all the talking and do it perfectly. Just keep in mind that this was using MCCC at half speed so my days are 2x as long so vanilla I sell about 15-17. I also had no interactions with customers so I did not help there. They sold on their own by employees. It can be done EAxis.

https://i.postimg.cc/1tfBT7Wf/01-29-19-3-21-18-AM.png