Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Harnessing Mindfulness

Share your experiences with the new mindfulness feature from Snowy Escape. Has anyone used it to cause an emotional death? What do you think of it?

I think it’s pretty awesome! I like to start a day with a cup of tea listening to music, which puts them in the first mindful state with +4 Fine. Then I’m finding little things that add to it, like reading, gardening, shaping or examining a bonsai, painting, meditating, yoga, the sauna. I’m disappointed that knitting does not contribute to mindfulness. There are several articles that suggest knitting as a meditative practice for good mental health.

So when you reach full mindfulness with +10 Fine, do you keep it as “fine” or do you use it to go into a mood and binge skill building? Or something else? I’m having fun finding different uses for it.
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    I used it today for a surge emotion for the first time. I was disappointed it wasn't as spectacular as it was in the trailer. :)

My mannequin priestess used it to stay centered as she searched for another mannequin. I assume this is now how most Simmers use it. :lol:
    netney52
    New Spectator
    It’s ok just adds a buff of a strong emotion depending on what you pick. My sim used the flirty option and was very flirty I think for about 10 hours. If you have spa day it’s not much different to taking a bath with salts except the buff lasts a bit longer.
  • This is a pretty good overview on mindfulness:

https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/03/the-sims-4-snowy-escape-becoming-emotionally-mindful-surging-emotions/