Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Has anyone tried making a functioning Nail Salon?

Has anyone tried making a functioning nail salon yet?

If so, will workers only do pedicures/manicures at 1 station, or will they do them at several of them?

Did you also have to add the other Spa items to make it a functioning lot? I was thinking of just putting all the other Spa items (yoga mats, massage tables, etc.) in an inaccessible basement, but I'm worried it will cause routing bugs.

How was your experience?
  • Haven't tried doing a nails only spa, but that sounds like fun. You could put yoga mats, if required, in a different area, make it look like a separate building/park or something.
    keekee53
    New Spectator
    I have done it. I made small ones and still testing. I still have is set as a spa. I have no yoga and just one massage table. You know how most have one in a side room for eyebrows and sometimes massages. It has been working out pretty good. I wish more workers showed up for all the chairs. I have 3 chairs and the most workers I have seen are 2. Lots of sims chatting and not doing much. A few have asked for hand massages and regular massages.

That’s all I got so far
  • "crocobaura;c-17978506" wrote:
    Haven't tried doing a nails only spa, but that sounds like fun. You could put yoga mats, if required, in a different area, make it look like a separate building/park or something.

That's a good idea! I could just put all the manicure stations in one building and all the yoga mats somewhere else.
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I don't have a nail salon by itself, but I have a spa with a salon area. I have five chairs set up and there are four employees that alternate shifts, so two at a time. I don't know if you'd get more with more chairs or if two at a time is the limit.
    They will go to whichever chair Sims are sitting in who request their services. I've never seen all the chairs full, only a couple at a time, but if the limit is two employees that could be why.

I have a yoga area with two different employees who rotate teaching, and the student mats are often all taken during lessons. I also have 3 massage tables upstairs, which each have their own attendant. There's usually one or two being used.

There's also an area for meditation with lots of stools and poofs set up, but the only time Sims seem interested in those is when I have my Sim lead a meditation class. If they'd made a designated teacher stool or poof, then it probably would work like the yoga classes.