Forum Discussion

pyjamacool
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Has Horse Ranch expanded your gameplay?

Topic.

Has Horse Ranch improved/expanded your overall gameplay?

If so, how?
  • "MichelleW;c-18313702" wrote:
    For me, not yet. I am disappointed that more wasn't put into nectar making. Not being able to host a tasting or have sims drink together seems like a big oversight. I really hope they update this in the future.

I haven't played with horses much yet, I'm still trying to decide the best way to incorporate them into my regular gameplay. I wish there was an easier way for my sims to have horses in a stable that they can go to without needing to have the horses on the main lot.

The world is beautiful.

This was also my biggest disappointment with a pack. Why can’t my sims drink together.Especially when they added the cute animation when they drink nectar. It would’ve also been great to have a nectar drinking club or event. Or for the bar in two to have a scheduled nectar tasting night. I’m glad for the most part they autonomous reach for the poured glasses
  • Yes, it has, actually. I found a way (mod) to allow my family to add two horses. They moved to Crecent Ridge, built another house, and Erik had a professional gardener get his 'crops' started. (I found an amazing greenhouse room on the Gallery full of plants.) Erik has continued on as a Rock Star, licensing music and winning Best Song after Best Song. He's still doing concerts and photoshoots. I left him today recording songs for a new album. But he has also learned how to ride a horse and got both of them started on training using the barrels. Just as he was going to register his stallion for additional training, he noticed he could take part in the Beginning Barrel Races, as a way to get started. This is what Erik wanted to do. So, he and his Bay stallion competed and landed in Second place. Two days later, after Erik participated in the barrel practice, they won the Gold Medal for the Intermediate Category.
    https://i.imgur.com/KMuHDEE.jpg
  • Horse Ranch has become one of my fave packs. I'm not a horse person, but really enjoy the horses. The competition gear has inspired me to create a national Equestrian organization, with annual competitions aside of what goes on sst the Equestrian Center. Show jumping even became a discipline at my Simlympics, so my horse loving sims really have goals to work towards. Only afew are active contenders, just as many keep a horse for company, rides and even to gain fertilizer. I plan a ranch that will make a living from breeding/train horses, but have not yet gotten to that. Some older abodes even have a small stable that is empty, so the fact that someone used to keep a horse there adds to the backstory, even if the current family has no plans of getting a horse. I already had nectar making in my game, but will gradually switch to the new system, even if the recipe options feel a bit restricted. Sheep/goats are super cool, I really try hard to avoid adding them to every single lot, LOL. I love the new world, but hardly got to explore iit yet. There are still a few original families that I plan to evict to make room for my own sims. This pack also inspired me to create the backstory and family tree of the old native clan, a group of locals that used to own the whole Chestnut Ridge, but now only have the Galloping Gulch hood. A fun part was to create links from their tree down to some of my current sims living elsewhere. In the long run it might result in sims I created long ago will get attached with a prairie life that I could not foresee before this pack. I like weaving my stories like that.

There are now horses in worlds like Oasis Springs, Henford-on-Bagley, Brindleton Bay, Newcrest, Glimmerbrook, Windenburg and Moonwood Mill. A farm that previously focused on (imaginary) pigs, now switched to sheep instead. I got so much more to do with this pack!
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I love playing off grid and having animals that my sims can tend to so this is right up my alley.

So far I’ve only tried it a little bit, there has not been a sim yet with a story that involved horses in a major way but they are there. I incorporate new things into my stories slowly.

The bb and cas works well for me and I love love love the new world in the upper corner that has no roads and looks like it’s out in the wilderness. That is an amazing addition to my game.
  • Not yet. I'm currently doing an ISBI-like challenge so I'll have to start a new game to build a ranch.