Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Healing pets without clinic visit?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there is a way to heal pets when they are sick without having to take them to the vet clinic? Sometimes it is fine, but I sometimes get stuck in a loop of vets seeing my pets but then the examination table goes down before they are treated, over and over again. So, I'd really like to have an option to treat my pets so I don't have to interrupt my game play.

Thanks in advance :-)
  • There is a wellness treat you can buy in the vending machine at the vet...I usually keep a few in my sim's inventory in case they are needed. Beware though, the treat tends to cause your pet to become randomly afraid for a few days (you'll see the lampshade over someone's head icon in the pet's thought bubble)...you just have to wait that out...nothing else you can really do for that little bug with the treats.
  • you could make or buy treats, or buy an examination table and treat your pets yourself at home
  • I just found out about that treat..such a nice thing to have. I also got the other treat...salt water taft treat or something like that. That made my pet sick :(
  • Stock up on wellness treats. I'm glad I took a few during my Sim's last vacation in Selvadorada. Guess what happened to the cat while my Sim was sleeping? Yep. She got bit by a squirrel in one of the bushes located within the gates that my Sim cleared out earlier in the day.
  • Good to know - I didn't know about the wellness treats and when I visited Selvadorada, my cat also got bitten by a squirrel. I ended the vacation early to take him to the vet, but I'll get some treats next time.