Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Healthy pet still appears sick

I don't know if this is a glitch after the latest update (unrelated but I LOVE the new stairs tool) but my sim adopted a stray cat while vacationing in Selvadora. The cat has that illness that makes them blue with a red nose. Cat was given a wellness treat, still looks blue. Take him to the vet, the option to sign him in to cure illness is grayed out. Tried Reset Object, tried Modify Sim in CAS, tried Cheat Need > Make happy. Still blue. Cat acts normal and healthy aside from being blue and having a glowing red nose. Any ideas? (Also if it helps, I have no mods or CC.)
  • I don't know if this will help or not, but it is pretty easy to do. Clear out your cache files. This will not affect your game save, but sometimes doing this will clear up something when nothing else works. It is recommended to do this every so often because they can become glitched. Here is more information about cache files and where to find them.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

Also, one other thing if you use mods or CC in your game. Anytime there is a new patch mods and sometimes CC will also need to be updated as well.
  • "BilgeMouse;d-965978" wrote:
    I don't know if this is a glitch after the latest update (unrelated but I LOVE the new stairs tool) but my sim adopted a stray cat while vacationing in Selvadora. The cat has that illness that makes them blue with a red nose. Cat was given a wellness treat, still looks blue. Take him to the vet, the option to sign him in to cure illness is grayed out. Tried Reset Object, tried Modify Sim in CAS, tried Cheat Need > Make happy. Still blue. Cat acts normal and healthy aside from being blue and having a glowing red nose. Any ideas? (Also if it helps, I have no mods or CC.)

This is a known bug.
  • That happened to me when one of my families adopted a stray dog. Her mood and behavior indicated she was no longer sick, but her feet were still glowing.

When I rotated back to that family she was fine. I don't know if just going to another household and coming back was enough, because I do clean out the cache every so often in general as suggested above and I can't say for sure if I did so in between households on that rotation.
  • (I know this is a kind of old thread, but since there seems to be no real solution posted here, I will post what worked for me, in case anyone else finds this in the future like I did now.)

I had a similar problem. I switched into a family I hadn't played in a while, and the cat was sick (blue fur, glowing red nose, etc.). I took him to the vet and paid for the full treatment, but the cat was still blue with red nose after that, but otherwise acting healthy. Even after coming home from the vet. Even after resetsim. Even after switching out to a different family and back again. Even after exiting the game and clearing caches. Still blue with the red nose.

The way I finally "fixed" this issue was to take the cat back to the vet again, buy one of those "Cooler Than Liquid Nitrogen" bars from the vending machine in order to "reinfect" the cat with the same sickness again, and then had the vet treat him again. This time, the sickness was cured properly, and the cat finally went from blue back to his normal black and without the glowing red nose.