Forum Discussion

ScottishSimmer
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Help for a young simmer

I'm hoping some wonderful simmers can help me! My daughter is a huge Sims 4 fan (I'm still stubbornly in the Sims 3 camp) and has asked for one or two new expansions for her Christmas. She already has Seasons, University, Get Together as well as Knitting, Parenthood and Spa Day stuff packs. Any particular recommendations or anything we should stay away from because it's a buggy mess?
My young simmer doesn't have a particular play style, she just loves to play and is happy to have new content.
Thank you!
  • @CherbitDip Those are great choices! Island Living is fun, too.
    @elanorbreton I somehow thought @CherbitDip and daughter had it already. I must have misread. :)
  • "CherbitDip;c-18206413" wrote:
    Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions! Settled on Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living and Island Living. That should keep her entertained for a while :D

OP has made her selections. ?
  • I'd say Cottage Living is a must! She will love the animals, and most features are very easy to use no mater what world she plays in. Second option might be Get Famous, depending on her interests of course. The pack might seem rather dull if you don't want to be an actress, but thee is lots of ways to build fame, and it is not spreading like it did in TS2. Depending on her playing style, the fame can also be used for other groups, like I like my Politicians to have some fame. Del Sol Valley is tiny, but still has a different feel than other worlds.
  • Hi and welcome @CherbitDip and daughter :)
    My daughter and I enjoy simming together too.
    What age is your daughter?
  • I agree with Cottage Living, Island Living and Cats and Dogs. Brindleton Bay is one of my favorite neighborhoods! Cottage Living if would enjoy farming, canning, and the animals. Having a cow, chickens and llama is so much fun and she can choose which animals she wants or if wants them all. I love that you can befriend the bunnies, foxes and birds as well! If she is an animal lover then definitely Cats and Dogs is a good fit. A pet takes up a slot, but is worth it for me as I have pets in real life and want my sims to enjoy them as well. The Veterinarian job is fun and challenging. If she likes mermaids then Island Living is also a great pack. I use it as a vacation spot sometimes but enjoy living there as well. I like the new jobs as a conservationist or marine biology and it added other jobs as well including fisherman, diving and life guard. I also like being able to make friends with a dolphin! I also agree that Paranormal and being a medium is alot of fun, and Jungle Adventure with the archeology job is great as well if your daughter likes to explore. The ability to have haunted houses came with Paranormal but I would only pick that one if she has an interest in the paranormal. You can check the packs you think she will like on Youtube gameplay videos to help you decide if each pack is something you think she will like. Good luck and trust your instincts as you know her best!
  • As a child of a sims player I get this. Highschool Years is fun, so is Cottage Living. If she's interested in making the game realistic, Laundry Day is a good choice. Does she like twilight or other vampire movies? If so Vampires and/or Werewolves is a good idea. I do not recommend Get To Work, it is really weird, not buggy, just weird. It was one of the first packs I got, and I don't use it much. Unless she is like really into aliens it's not really worth it.
  • @CherbitDip She has a lot of the packs that I have...Here are my suggestions.
    -Cottage Living adds ingredients, new gardening options, A descent but not great world. You can have pet chickens, Cows and Lamas, but its more you have to care for. Some of the clothing isn't that good, it's kind of farmer type clothing i guess you could say but some of it is descent.
    -City Living adds a city environment/world it's not great, it adds a few events to your calendar like a geek con festival or something, honestly Id gives it a 6 out of 10, but if she wants to live in an apartment in a city then it might be a good buy.
    -If she doesn't have cats and dogs, I highly recommend it, tons of breeds of cats and dogs, good clothing and build items. A very good world to explore or live in, and the ability to run a vet clinic. Which is slightly bugged but not real bad. I would still put this near the top of the list.
    -the pack that adds the butler has good build items like furniture, and the ability to have a butler, but the whole butler thing is flawed, he almost never sleeps, doesn't really clean a lot, or do chores. He doesn't work very well so might avoid this one
    I'd go with Cats and Dogs if she doesn't have it yet, she may enjoy paranormal pack, it has ghost gameplay addition, haunted houses, etc. pretty good.