Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Higher quality honey?

My bees only give poor quality honey. Is there something I need to do to get a higher quality?
  • "Sonshine77;c-17171437" wrote:
    "Sha2520032003;c-16562262" wrote:
    You can eat it too and it fills your hunger bar pretty well.

If your sim consumes the honey, they will get the moodlet "life is sweet." I don't remember of the top of my head though how many pts it is. Also, personally, I clean and feed my bees each time I want to harvest the honey. When I chose to just feed and collect the honey, it was less quality (I think it was "excellent" instead of "perfect"). So if you want perfect honey all the time, you have to do all three actions each time you want to harvest.

That would be right for the Sims 3 but this is the Sims 4 section and the interactions between the 2 games are not the same.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-16560964" wrote:
    What keeps my bees happy is they love classical music (station). Before I put a radio in their greenhouse, they were constantly attacking everyone who they saw.

And all of this time I thought you had to fully bond with them. Thanks for the tip!
  • Drinking honey also removes temperature threats, like if your sim is too hot or too cold.
  • Classical music didn't work for me at all, strangely. But my Sim's relationship to the bees is quite high now, and they produce "normal" quality honey, at least.
    keekee53
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "LaBlue0314;c-16560964" wrote:
    What keeps my bees happy is they love classical music (station). Before I put a radio in their greenhouse, they were constantly attacking everyone who they saw.

wow...LOL who knew?!?! Guess you do..lol