Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Host Meet and Greet?

So im trying to plan a fan meet and greet but when i click on invite a celebrity there are no options! My sim is at celeb level 4 and has 2 level 5 celebs best friends. I
  • I think the fan meet and greet is so the fans of your sim can meet him/her. Maybe they won't allow other celebrities to join because the meet and greet is for your celebrity sim only? That's the only thing I can think of why you can't invite other celebrities maybe?
  • I've heard that this is an issue if your celebrity sim is a vampire. They can't choose themselves as a host because they don't appear in the available options.

I don't know if this is because the game expects vampires to be asleep during the day. I wonder if you can schedule a meet and greet in the middle of the night?
  • I have to agree with the above statement. It's A FAN meet and greet. If you want celebrities, they may well wander in. Some did in the one my Sim threw.
  • I think that you can only invite celebs that are a lower level than your sim.
  • I'm having this problem as well. Sim is a 4 star celebrity, and she knows several celebrities. When trying to host a Meet and greet, it says it's required to invite minimum 1 celebrity, but there is no such alternatives showing up when trying to do so. "1 required" is written in red, as if saying you can't invite a celeb because you don't know any.

Like others said, Meet and greet should rather be about fans, sop I wonder if "1 required celebrity" is meant to be "1 host"? I don't understand why my sim would need to invite any celebrity for her Meet and Greet event?

Is this a bug? Or do I just misunderstand what the game is asking me to do?

Adding: I checke another event category: "Dinner Party". 1 host is recommended, but the active sim is not even an option, only the one house mate sim. So, assuming the bug is present for all/several event categories - the active sim is non existing as an option! How can my sim plan any event at all when not being part of it?
  • "Galactrix;c-17129350" wrote:
    I've heard that this is an issue if your celebrity sim is a vampire. They can't choose themselves as a host because they don't appear in the available options.

I don't know if this is because the game expects vampires to be asleep during the day. I wonder if you can schedule a meet and greet in the middle of the night?

Thanks, but I don't even have the vampire pack. But, I just figured my sim is a teenager. Perhaps teens can't host Meet and Greet, although EA actually gave us a default teen 4 stars celebrity... I'll check if my problem is still present when I play an adult celeb.