Forum Discussion

LaBlue0314
New Scout
3 years ago

How do I save this sim from dying (urgent)?

I use to have a Master Save but lost it a while back, so I'm making a new one. While working on one of the households, one of the sims has a Fear of Death Trait, a Looming of Dread, and a Scared Moodlet. It says,

"Looming Dread (From Fear of Death) That dreadful feeling looms over Jacques as he discovers something new about himself. A fear that wasn't there before, growing inside. Ready to overcome Jacques into paralysis at any moment.

He is an elder but is at the beginning of the life stage, and I also have aging turned off. As an added precaution I have the life stages set to Normal.

I'm given 4 in-game hours before the moodlet ends.

Since I just started this save, I don't know what would have caused this problem What can I do to remove this moodlet and save this sim from death?
    SnaveXs
    New Adventurer
    Most of my elder sims seem to have the fear of death. I just have them talk about their fears with another sim and it should disappear.
  • Type in the cheat code unequip the trait

Testingcheats on
    traits.remove_trait trait_Fear_death

If you're able to shift click your sim and there's a cheat sim info option scroll through that to remove any trait or moodlets you don't want. I'm not sure if a mod allows me to do this but that's how I get rid of them. Otherwise you can unequip the trait or disable and toggle off wants and fears all together which I've actually done
    cornflake89
    Rising Newcomer
    My sim that had one of the active careers, scientist, would not lose the fear of a dead end job even after I had him regain passion and get a promotion.
    I just went into game options, unchecked wants and fears, pressed apply, then checked them again, applied changes again then went back into game. This works for removing fears but unfortunately it removes all fears for all the household.
  • @wahini2024 Thank you very much. @SnaveXs I would try to talk to them, but I'm not playing the households yet, just setting up.