Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How do you make your game more realistic?

I do a couple of things to add some more realism:
1. I never drag plates to a sink/trashcan. I make my sims clean them or if they're rich enough I hire a maid or a butler. But I never help them with the dishes cause no one helps me with it irl haha
2. My sims always take care of the toddlers no matter how wiped out they are. They still use the high chair and read them to bed. No self-sufficient toddlers in my game. But I do admit that it sometimes makes my blood boil.
3. I pay for the clothes I put on my sims in CAS. the prices vary of course. From 50§ for a seedy hoodie up to 500§ for some fancy dress. I use the cheat to take the exact amount away.
4. I used to charge my sims for traveling to another neighborhood (as I pay for bus tickets irl too haha) but I usually forgot to take away the money.
5. I don't put make up on my sims in CAS. I use the vanity table to do it instead. Just like I do irl every morning. It's funny when they don't have enough time cause they went to bed too late and I have to decide: hmm would this girl rather put on some make up or would she prefer to eat a proper breakfast? And depending on the sims personality, I make a decision that fits the Sim best.

And what do you guys do to add some realism? Or maybe you do things to make the game less realistic?