Forum Discussion

6 years ago

How Do You Play Your Game?

I decided to conduct a poll to see how players play when it comes to Mods, CC, Both or Vanilla. I'm just curious to see, after 4 years since the release, how we all play and why we play that way. I'm sure this has been done before but I couldn't find a recent Poll asking this. If there is one forgive me for posting yet another thread about this.
*I also want to add this is not a post to bash players on how they play their game. We all have our own unique style of how we play and why we play that way. Please be respectful to one another. Thanks 😊*
  • I play with both mods and CC, but with the experience of knowing this can be a high-maintenance task learned from the bad cc we saw over the years in TS2 and TS3.

When the game first launched, I limited myself to only mods, and only those specifically by modders that are active and will do a good job of updating quickly after patches. Past experience in other games is that CC tends to get broken by EP's, particularly Pet and Season EP's, so I didn't download any CC other than mods for the first few years.

Now that we have both pets and seasons, I've started downloading CC pretty regularly. I started with makeup, shoes, and clutter...the things I felt most that I needed better options for. This ultimately led to getting more clothes and hairs as well. Other than clutter, however, I haven't felt the need for any non-CAS cc yet.

I also allowed myself to increase the level of mod usage, though I still limit it to reliable modders. I just turned off automatic game updating so that my game will not update until I tell it to. Going forward, I will just wait to do updates until my most needed mods are cleared for usage (or updated) and I know that CC is not going to wack out my game.

I'm up to about 1.4 gb of mods/cc across 1500 files in the mods directory. Low compared to some people, I know, but still quite a lot considering I didn't start downloading anything but mods until quite recently.