Forum Discussion

kathmhughes
New Spectator
4 years ago

How I'd like bands

I don't know if we're getting a band pack. But here's some ideas I had if it were an EP.

The world would have 3 neighborhood. N1 would include houses with garages (for garage bands) and a little coffee shop for live performances. Teens could start to build their skills in this neighborhood.

N2 would include a recording studio, with a high-quality and a low-quality recording suites that you would need to pay to access. There would also be a nightclub venue to play at.

N3 would have a large outdoor concert lot. With a huge stage, a band's tour trailer too (maybe as a hidden lot?) Other lots in their neighborhood could be used for retail/dining if you had those packs, but there would also be built in food vendors and a t-shirt sales booth.

The big game play changes would be:
-Bandsare more than just clubs, they have a name, with perks you level up (like witches or celebrities). And they play synchronized.
- Band social menu with nice and mean actions and "break up the band" "quit and go solo" as options.
- Favorites! I think this would be the perfect time to bring back favorites, only with more. Favorite color, food, music genre, clothing style. These would influence what they cook, listen too, and have special noodles when they clothes match their tastes.
- Festivals. The concert venue would rotate and be used for multi genres on different days. Rock, country, jazz, electronic, hip hop would be some.
- Careers. Obviously band would be an active career now. But also roadie, or music producer, or festival volunteer could add some gameplay.

Build/Buy:
Speakers, amps, pyrotechnics, concert lights, drums, saxophone, tambourine (for those not-so musical band members), stage construction, recording booth kit, garage doors, and sweet stuff for the band's tour bus interior.

CAS: More bandanas, band t-shirts with tour dates, ability to make band merchandise, and genre specific clothes for country, rock, jazz, blues, electronic, etc.

What do you think?