Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How in-depth really is the new holiday system?

As I can begin to think about what's in store for Seasons, I start thinking about the new holiday system they're bringing in. Now they say they did work on this system and focused on it a lot in the EP, but how in-depth is it really? What exactly will we be able to do with it? Does it use new coding or some existing coding? How will Sims be able to utilize these holidays, especially when dealing with custom ones?

For some reason it kind of reminds me on how Sims will appropriately act when in Clubs, but Holiday-style. Meaning, during the holiday they'll start doing specific actions related to what will usually occur on said Holiday, and maybe they might combine it with event goals or using existing coding from old game events like Day of the Dead or the Trick-or-Treat challenge? What are your ideas on how the new holiday system might work?
  • I hope you can choose what the customs and the usual activities are for each holidays you create, and that on the day, sims will tend to do those things. Not only your household and the sims on your lot, but all of the sims, even when you go on a community lot or at another sim's house. But at the same time I hope your sim doesn't stop doing whatever you commanded them to do every two seconds to do one of those activities, as can happen with the clubs. Actually I hope the sims of your household don't do the activities of the day autonomously. Just the other sims.
  • I think it will involve interactions in the club list from other EPs mixed with social event goals. Build your own holidays has many possibilities re-using trick or treat and easter events. The coding is there and we can pick and choose what we want added.

I'm hoping to get neighbors inviting my sims over for the holidays. I want to see culture influenced holidays celebrated differently by sims I'm not controlling in the game.