Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How To Cook The New Foods

I'm clearly missing something. My sim who ate 2 different foods from the Jungle Pack can't cook them now that she's back home.

I do have mods. However, I removed all of them and even bought the most expensive fridge for her home and I don't see the recipes.

I'm also confused why the pop-up after eating the foods says she can now cook them as "Homestyle Cooking"? Is that different from normal cooking?
  • Actually, never mind I forgot a whole folder of mods that needed testing and I found the culprit. If you have LittleMsSam's Experimental Food Servings and/or Seafood Servings mod(s), it will prevent you from seeing the new recipes.
    keekee53
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "dirtandpretty;d-935908" wrote:
    I'm clearly missing something. My sim who ate 2 different foods from the Jungle Pack can't cook them now that she's back home.

I do have mods. However, I removed all of them and even bought the most expensive fridge for her home and I don't see the recipes.

I'm also confused why the pop-up after eating the foods says she can now cook them as "Homestyle Cooking"? Is that different from normal cooking?

Interesting I noticed this as well.

I thought it would be under gourmet cooking but isn't homestyle cooking the normal cooking? The Sims I sent were pretty low cooks so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • "Chazzzy;c-16352021" wrote:
    "dirtandpretty;c-16352013" wrote:
    Actually, never mind I forgot a whole folder of mods that needed testing and I found the culprit. If you have LittleMsSam's Experimental Food Servings and/or Seafood Servings mod(s), it will prevent you from seeing the new recipes.

Wow and she just updated those. @LittleMsSam are you aware of this?

Well, I just took another moment to check. Both mods show they were updated on 2/11/2018 which was before the patch. They may just need another update is all. My sim has cooking level 9 and the Empanada dish shows up under level 1 cooking, but only when I remove both of the mods. Those are the only food related mods I have that have not had more recent updates so, that was my testing.
  • So wouldn't it say you received the recipe by eating the food and mine never does.
  • "kalaksed;c-16352033" wrote:
    just so you know, one of the foods...i don't recall which one...requires a grill instead of a stove. that one kind of caught me off guard, since it shows up as an option on the stove. i think it's one of the three 'secret' recipes, but again, don't recall

Secret recipes? I had no idea :o
  • "SimGuruNinja;c-16352893" wrote:
    You need high enough Selvadoradian Culture skill to be able to finish and learn each of the dishes you find there.
    Thanks @SimGuruNinja for the information.