Forum Discussion

6 years ago

I’m the boyfriend of a married sim?

I have been trying to get my sim to become the boyfriend of a married sim and break up with their current husband (I know I’m mean)

There is no option for this and the game allows me to ask to be girlfriend? She said yes and now in the relationship panel it says I’m the boyfriend of that sim and she still has a husband. I’m so confused and want to fix this as I wanted her to break up with her husband. The game shouldn’t allow both.

I’m thinking it could be down to mods maybe? I have MCC Installed and the Woohoo add on. and a few other mods like Slice of Life.

Can somebody please help me fix this? It’s so frustrating
  • After you ask them to be your boyfriend/girlfriend and your relationship bars are high enough, the option to “Convince to leave spouse” should appear.
  • "shanls96;c-17180487" wrote:
    So_Money thank you! Wait so does that mean the game generally just allows a sim to have a spouse and a boyfriend at the time? So confused right now.

Yes. I'm not understanding why that's unexpected (I mean understand why it's scandalous, but for a game, sometimes a little scandal is necessary)

• "Skeilah;c-17180521" wrote:
    In real life it happens too, so I'm not really surprised. Maybe I SHOULD be surprised it's allowed in a game, but hey, there's too less time to think about all that.

There’s zero consistency to what they consider “offensive” or “inappropriate”, so I don’t bother trying to figure it out.
  • @So_Money thank you! Wait so does that mean the game generally just allows a sim to have a spouse and a boyfriend at the time? So confused right now.
  • @Cupid to be honest I just had no idea you could do this I don’t experience enough in my game with multiple partners to even notice haha.
  • You can actually have soul mate status with multiple Sims as well, Caleb Vatore had it with three different Sims in my game.

(Given the trailer for Vampires, this probably isn't surprising.)
  • "shanls96;c-17180487" wrote:
    @So_Money thank you! Wait so does that mean the game generally just allows a sim to have a spouse and a boyfriend at the time? So confused right now.

I’m glad it’s allowed. Otherwise soap opera hijinks wouldn’t be possible, especially with the breakups.
    SkeilahTS4
    Seasoned Newcomer
    In real life it happens too, so I'm not really surprised. Maybe I SHOULD be surprised it's allowed in a game, but hey, there's too less time to think about all that.