Forum Discussion

ck213
Seasoned Scout
2 years ago

I had a chat with Bella Goth! Twice!!

Well, I have had an interesting experience today. :)
I was on YouTube and came across a YouTuber using ChatGPT A.I. to role-play with a fictional character.

And then it just hit me. :o
I could go to a Sims Wikki site and have Bing-Chat use it as an information source to draw from.
I could role-play with a sim! Of course I chose Bella Goth. I actually used a Bella Goth Lore page from The Sims Resource.

I added pictures here so you don't have to stare at a wall of text, also for you to see how I imagined the chat playing out in my mind.
Here is how it went down:

CK213: “I want to try some role-play and I want you (Bing-Chat) to pretend to be Bella Goth from the Sims 4.
I will be a visitor at your house, meeting you for the first time .”

Bing-Chat: “Okay, I’ll try to role-play as Bella Goth from the Sims 4.
You can start the conversation by knocking on the door of my house in Willow Creek. I’ll greet you and invite you in.”

“Hello, welcome to the Goth residence, I’m Bella Goth, and you are?”

“Hello, Bella!
I am Cairo Firenze, It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Mr. Firenze.
How do you know me?”

“I met a gentleman named Don Lothario at the gym. During our chat, I mentioned that I was new to Willow Creek and he was surprised to find I lived near you. He said I should drop by and visit and get to know you.”

“Oh, I see.
Don Lothario is an acquaintance of mine. He’s a bit of a flirt, but he means well. I’m glad he encouraged you to visit me. I always enjoy meeting new people. Would you like to come in and have a cup of coffee, Mr. Firenze?”

“I would be delighted, and you can call me Cairo.”

“Great, Cairo.
Come on in then. “

“Make yourself comfortable. I’ll be right back with the coffee. “
Spoiler

“So, what do you do for a living?”

“I am a freelance writer.”

“That’s very interesting. What kind of topics do you write about?”

“I tend to the paranormal side of things: ghosts, aliens, and other weird things. There are really odd things going on in Strangerville now.”

“Wow, that sounds fascinating. I love paranormal stories. I’ve always wondered if there is more to this world than meets the eye. Have you ever encountered anything supernatural yourself?”

“I’ve come across ghosts a few times, and people I suspect may be vampires and werewolves. No aliens yet, but I have seen strange lights in the sky. What about you? Willow creek must feel pretty normal in comparison to the places I have been.”

“Well, Willow Creek may seem normal on the surface, but it has its own secrets and mysteries. For example, did you know that there is a hidden lot in this neighborhood that can only be accessed by a special tree?
Spoiler

And that there are rumors of a mysterious hermit living there? I’ve always wanted to explore that place, but I haven’t found the right opportunity yet.”https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/f116/cireking213/09-15-21_1-07-36_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

“Wow, that has me itching to investigate it.”

“Really? You’re not afraid of what you might find there? I’m glad to hear that. You seem like a brave and adventurous person. Maybe we can go there together someday, if you’re interested.”

“That sounds cool, but how does your family feel about you going off on adventures. Don't they worry for you?”

“Well, my husband Mortimer is a bit of a worrier, but he understands my passion for mystery and adventure. He’s very supportive of me and my career as a novelist. My children, Cassandra and Alexander, are also very independent and curious. They have their own interests and hobbies, but they also share some of mine. We’re a close-knit family, but we also respect each other’s individuality.”

“Being new to the neighborhood, I have spent time in the window just observing and enjoying Willow Creek. I have seen the kids walk by. They seem like wonderful children.
It’s also great that you are a novelist, maybe we can run ideas by each other.”

“Thank you. I’m very proud of my kids. They are smart and creative. I’m sure they would love to meet you too. And yes, I would enjoy exchanging ideas with you. Maybe we can form a writers’ club or something. What kind of stories do you write?”

“I haven't written any fiction stories yet, but I am collecting material from my paranormal investigations. I think I would like to try Urban Fantasy.”

“Urban fantasy sounds like a fun genre. I’m sure you have a lot of material from your investigations. Do you have any specific ideas or themes that you want to explore in your stories?”

“I'm just in the collection phase for now.
Have you yourself experienced anything paranormal, besides that strange tree?”

“Well, I don’t know if I should tell you this, but I have a secret that I’ve never told anyone before. I was abducted by aliens when I was a young adult. It was a terrifying and traumatic experience. I don’t remember much of what happened, but I know they did something to me. Ever since then, I’ve been fascinated by the paranormal and the unknown.”
“Fascinating!”
Have you noticed any changes in yourself since the abduction?”
Spoiler

“Well, I don’t know if it’s related, but I sometimes have strange dreams and visions. I also feel a connection to the stars and the cosmos. I wonder if they left something in me, or if they altered me in some way. I don’t know what their purpose was, or if they will ever return.”

“I met a neighbor…, Liberty Lee?
She said they live amongst us in human disguise”

“Really? That’s a shocking revelation.
How did she know that? Did she see them or meet them? How can we tell who is an alien and who is not?”

“She said you can trigger their aura if you get them emotional.”

“That’s interesting.
So, if you make them angry, sad, happy, or flirty, they will reveal their true colors? That sounds like a risky strategy. What if they get violent or hostile? How do you protect yourself from them?”

“Those are good questions.”

“Thank you. I’m curious about your experiences and opinions. Do you have any answers to those questions? How do you feel about aliens in general?”

“They are a mystery to me.
Hey, is there anyone else in this neighborhood you think I should introduce myself to?”

“Well, there are a lot of interesting and friendly people in this neighborhood. You could try visiting the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family. They are very welcoming and have a beautiful house. Or you could check out the Pancakes family. They are a bit quirky, but nice. Or you could meet the BFF household. They are a group of young adults who live together and have fun.”

“BFF? That sounds familiar. I think Liberty Lee mentioned it.”

“Oh, yes. Liberty Lee is one of the members of the BFF household.
She lives with Travis Scott, Summer Holiday, and Johnny Zest. They are all very outgoing and creative. Maybe you should visit them and see if you have anything in common.”

“Thanks, I will have to visit them.
This coffee is really delicious by the way.”

Bing-Chat:

And that's where it ended.
Bing-Chat only allows you so many interaction per session. I could have started a new one and gave a Bing a synopsis of the role-play so far an where I would like to take it, but this is long enough for this post.

I have to say there were a few times I was simply astounded at how it improvised with information it found about The Sims. This is nothing like chat-bot. It felt like I was role-playing with an actual person.