Forum Discussion

6 years ago

I want open neighborhoods so badly

I just want open neighborhoods so badly. I think that would make the game so much more fun and feel so alive since I could visit neighbors quickly or go to the park and get ice cream or to the local cafe and bookstore and read. I could send a single sim in my household to each of those places and still be able to control all of them and tell stories in a more dynamic way. I want my kids biking around the neighborhood collecting rocks and cards while my teen sims skate around for fun.

I've started playing mostly in San Myshuno because the festivals and neighbors walking around make me feel less trapped than the other worlds, but even then it's not realistic, I can't visit my neighbors and I can't set up the festivals. It's not enough.

Why oh, why is ts4 like this. Like, Ts2 was closed lot, too, and no one liked the loading screens so they took them away and gave us an open world in 3, but then that introduced a lot of lag, so why on earth didn't they just compromise in those two aspects and give us the best of both worlds???? Small neighborhoods with ~5-7 lots that were fully open. It'd be less to load than in ts3, while not feeling trapped like in ts2.

No. This game just doesn't progress on it's predecessors. And it makes me SO SAD because I've invested so much money and time and I LOVE my sims, but I can't enjoy the game fully because of the way it's been designed.

I know that we've been told that open neighborhoods are not on the table since they'd require a rework of the way lots work, but I think it would BE WORTH IT BECAUSE A BETTER GAME WOULD SELL BETTER.

I am just disappointed.