Forum Discussion

Anonymous
7 years ago

Ideas for A New Game/Sim?

I had to reformat my PC and reinstalled/patched the Sims but have yet to play. I need suggestions for fun Sims/gameplay ideas and my creativity well is bone dry. I have the base game, Cats & Dogs, Vampires gamepack, Dine Out gamepack and Vintage Glamour Stuffpack, if that helps. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    Reddestiny921
    Seasoned Vanguard
    you could have a snobby vampire that runs a clinic mostly to find a guy to have a family with while saving up to buy the house of her dreams...I don't know first thing that comes to mind. You can only open the clinic at night.
  • I'm thinking of starting a new save and doing the Build Newcrest challenge. I'm not a great builder so it will be good practice!
  • I'm not feeling all that creative either and I tend to go really deviant when that happens, but I just started a game where I'm focusing on just the premades. I want to see if I can complete main aspirations on as many of them as I can (playing in rotation) as I can before some other idea comes to me. I don't usually focus on premades as their own character they normally just revolve around my sim or family so I'm kind of excited at the moment to try to play this way. I want to play them as I think they are intended to be played if that makes sense.
    I've been in the Goth household and Johnny Zests so far. I was kind of amazed that the first thing Mortimer did was go read a book (he's on an aspiration that needs that) and Cassandra went to play the violin... and that's the aspiration she's on. Alexander went to read also. Bella stood outside and waited for me to make her do something.. lol.
    It's fun to step outside how you normally play sometimes I guess. I'm having fun with it so far although not sure how long playing this way will last for me.
  • You could try one of the challenges! I am doing the Disney Princess challenge soon and I'm very excited for it!
  • Being the family Genealogist/Historian, I'm having a great time playing my ancestors. It's quite the challenge, considering they lived in the 18th century. They had to contend with three wars. Happily, not all at once. But they lived through the French and Indian War; Pontiac's War and then the American Revolutionary War. Nice to know both the French and the British enticed first the Shawnee and then later the Cherokee to aid their cause!
  • An ex-butler who now runs a very clinic. They find sick animals better to deal with than rich people.
  • One of my favorite things to do is a rags to riches type challenge. My most recent sim I put into a crappy apartment in San Myshuno, deleted everything that wouldn't naturally come in an apartment (I left the fridge, toilet, counters, sinks, shower, and a crappy couch because I figure people leave those out free on street corners often enough) and then reduced her money down to zero. Then try to make enough money for her to make a living. Originally I wasn't going to let her have a job, but my game seems to have a bug when it comes to selling photography in a retail store, so I gave in and got her a job anyway. But I have done it with just collecting, writing, etc. It's nice that it gives you a goal (currently I want her to complete mansion baron and buy a super nice penthouse in San Myshuno). I got the idea from The Sim Supply on YouTube if you wanted to check out his videos.
  • I'm trying something new, I have always started with a single YA sim, occasionally with a kid. This game I started with an orphanage. I'm playing it along with the adoptive households. I introduced a retirement home in this game, a place to put the random game generated elders.
  • > @NyteRose said:
    > I had to reformat my PC and reinstalled/patched the Sims but have yet to play. I need suggestions for fun Sims/gameplay ideas and my creativity well is bone dry. I have the base game, Cats & Dogs, Vampires gamepack, Dine Out gamepack and Vintage Glamour Stuffpack, if that helps. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

ME: I've heard about the 'not so berry' challenge I haven't tried it myself but it seems interesting. You could also make your life in the sims and create yourself and your family. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas although I am playing an Asian family's generations.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,032 PostsLatest Activity: 7 minutes ago