Forum Discussion

4 years ago

In what way could a Generations pack differ from its Sims 3 counterpart?

I've been thinking about a potential Generations expansion pack and I actually believe it's really likely we'll get one. At least if they were interested in community wishes we'd be getting one for sure. It's almost always the pack brought up when people are asked what they want, even more than a farming pack (also a popular choice).

However, I'm having trouble coming up with ways they could make a Generations pack unique in the Sims 4. Or rather, I'm dreading the ways they could make it unique. It was such a wonderfully executed idea in the Sims 3, and in the Sims 2 it just wasn't needed, since the family gameplay was already top notch. I'm just skeptical that the things they would come up with would be good enough to compete with the Sims 3 version, yet they can't possibly release an expansion that is exactly the same. What do you think?
  • "ChadSims2;c-17869018" wrote:
    I'd be so mad if half the budget for Generations was spent on another ugly world please no world spend it all on animations seriously all of it I don't need a world or new hair give me group activity animations and things to do.

For babies besides being patched to be free of their prison known as the most ugly bassinet in history game play needs to be added in Generations besides the stroller giving them the option to travel with family and not be a forgotten object always left, we're heading out and leaving you with the unknown babysitter... they should be the gap filler toddlers walk well then babies need to play to their potential and learn to roll around and move sit up and eventually crawl play with toys and interact with all life stages

Kids need to be kids and not mini adults give them games to play together be it in the pool, water gun fights cops n robbers hanging out in the tree house together playing dress up and actually acting like what they dress up as in

Teens need more unique things to separate them from adults now more than ever the usual prom (active if a high school pack ever comes where they actually dance together) learning to drive there needs to be activities for them like skate boarding and things to do with friends like going to the mall or movies, though this is Sims 4 I probably just listed at least 5 packs of content

Young adults give them nothing this entire game is built for them

Adults need midlife crises

Elders need canes, better aging face masks and walk styles

Dead Sims Graveyards

Yes!! Animations...and this is probably an unpopular opinion but i want animations that feel more...natural? is that the right word? than what we get in the sims 4 already. i HATE flirting with other sims and it's this over the top annoying forced goofiness. the sims 4 team seems to have missed that the humor in the game came from the unexpected and surprising situations that were implemented in a NATURAL way and not these fake, ridiculous (and 10000 times recycled) animations. it makes me so irritated and i would love animations that feel a bit more natural with a generations pack. for example: i LOVE the woohoo animation in get together. more of that please.

lol i'm pretty passionate about my dislike of the sims 4 animation choices if you can't tell.