Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Increased budgets for packs?

Maybe I'm just not looking at this right, but Laundry Stuff literally had 4 unique Gameplay items (if we include Washers and Dryers as the same item) and probably has the biggest system we've seen in a Stuff Pack to date by quite a bit.

And now Jungle Adventure has come out, with a world that's 3x as big as the what we got with Vampires and much bigger than Outdoor Retreat, and there's more skills, gameplay items and overall animations than what we've seen for a GP so far by quite a significant chunk (Vampires seemed to be the most Animation heavy so far and I'd say this eclipses it by a fair amount).

I'm thinking maybe with the console release confirmed, they've been able to up the budget for the packs because they know the audience has increased?

What do you guys think?
  • Thanks @jackjack_k I was just worried because I got the warning pop up when I started the game in 32 bit
    icemanfresh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Angela_4588;c-16338394" wrote:
    Are we not able to run the game on 32 bit now with cats and dogs ep? I'm having some crashing lately and my computer said it's low on memory (While on 64 bit.) I changed It to 32 bit and got a pop up warning when I opened the game stating it would cause crashes so I changed It back. I have 4g ram. Looking to upgrade to 8 soon just gotta find one that fits my laptop.

You might need more RAM. 32-bit can access up to 4 GB of RAM, so right now it doesn't make much of a difference if you launch it in 32 or 64. Alternatively, you could try closing down applications that eat up a lot of RAM when playing Sims 4.
  • @icmnfrsh I do plan on buying some more ram soon. I'm excited to see if it makes a difference in lagging and load times. Also, I don't think i have anything else running when I play except origin
    icemanfresh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Well, you never really know. Maybe there are a lot of background processes hogging your memory. Or maybe you have a lot going on in your game that 4 GB is no longer enough to run both Sims 4 and your OS. If it's the latter then more RAM is your best bet.
  • "ChadSims2;c-16338522" wrote:
    "BeJaWa;c-16328966" wrote:
    "ChadSims2;c-16328251" wrote:
    "BeJaWa;c-16328130" wrote:
    So yeah I think the budget is similar to what it was before, the teams just have more systems to build on and play with now so it is easier and cheaper to make a pack.

I agree they are just using systems in place reusing content in past packs as "new"

I am actually ok with that. It makes packs more full and it is actually useful to the gameplay so I'm totally fine with reusing content.

That's fine but lets not pass it off as new content and pretend packs are bigger than ever when in reality they're just reusing stuff. I don't like to buy packs just so I can do something I've paid to do in another I need new experiences not the same with new paint job.

Not at all. That is why in my first post I pointed out it is likely they are reusing content not making new so the budget is likely the same. :)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago