Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Inspiration?

So I realllllly love to build, it's probably my faveourite thing about Sims, and I'm just curious! Where do everyone here get their inspiration???

I myself use google, pintrest, youtube and real life as inspirations. I don't have any specific sites I use, but I just find an image and get inspired by that. Right now I'm doing a build thats a Traditional-Modern japanese house for a collab with @MLDesign wich is turning out pretty sweet, I probably never wouldhave had the idea if not for the collab :D So I find that the challenges and collabing with people ahve given me new inspiration, and that is soooo much fun! What are your favourite inspirations for bulding??
    userafw
    New Spectator
    I google "free floorplans" and try to recreate them, or try to recreate houses that I have lived in or visited frequently enough to be familiar with their layout. Other times, I just draw a large rectangle and subdivide it for the bathroom, living room, kitchen/dining area, office, and bedrooms - I usually prefer not to use foundations.
    LoriTSp
    New Spectator
    I generally bounce between writing, watching some select programs and playing Sims. Doing research for my writing, I sometimes need something visual in order to describe it in my work, so I go online and find pictures of buildings, rooms or objects. In regards to the programs I watch, sometimes it's a room design or an exterior that catches my attention. I also try to let nature inspire some of my colour choices for rooms and furnishings.
  • I'm not a very good builder, most of what I've built that I liked were places I've lived in. I have a whole tumblr blog with pictures of houses and other building, inside and out, that serves many purposes that I plan to use for inspiration if I ever decide to try and improve my building skills.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I get a general idea how the building looks like, then I build until I have an idea how to shape it and what rooms will be in it.
    Sometimes I just put the rooms around and see if I get an idea or not.
  • I live in a smaller town, but some of the houses are kind of nice. On the east side of my town there are some really beautiful houses that sit along a lake. They aren't that big but they all have gorgeous bay windows. I remember when I was little peering a similar bay window at my grandma's house watching a sweet little humming bird buzz by. I think this is why I love to build with some of the bigger windows.
  • > @Flexono1 said:
    > Google. I know the styles I like, google it, then look for a build that is possible with the Sims 4 limitations. I always try to make it my own and not just a direct copy

Me too! Sometimes I also use Pinterest, but that's all I use it for.
  • I use Google & look for strange houses. I like to build something that is out of norms.. But, sometimes, I follow the existing challenges in the forums & just start building...