Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

Instant Repealing We Wear Bags!

Can anyone help with how to instant repeal "We Wear Bags" NAP?
If I use the cheat, the Sims still seem to be running around with bags on their head.
Unfortunately it affected my whole dormitory.
  • Well, there is one Eco Living bug that is particularly annoying... And that bug involves sims being subjected to the effects of NAPs that have been insta-enacted and insta-repealed. My Zalrian household gets fined 25 simoleons for using tech, but I have 7 sims making money through investments. It does nothing to slow them down from maxing their possible funds. The "Back in the Old Days" NAP is glitched that way.

I play on console so the buttons might be different, but there should be a way to pull up a menu that let's you insta-repeal the NAP.

This should be helpful on the computer:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/ecolifestyle/cheats.php

1. Press Control+Shift+C
    2. Type TestingCheats True
    3. Shift-Click on a Mail Box or Community Board

For Console:

It's like muscle memory for me at this point, so I'd have to wait until I'm near my console to remember the controls.
  • @Sindocat The cheat is the only thing I can think of, but I also mentioned that other NAPs were persistent. The problem might be the NAPs themselves.

@NRowe This is a crazy idea, and it definitely isn't the most convenient thing to do. However, would it be possible to give the in-game petition a try.

When I tried to instant repeal "Back in the Old Days" NAP my Kailani Legacy Household and my Main Zalrian Household got bugged with a fine of 25 Simoleons for using any technology. The problem is that this bug is now saved to the households in the Gallery...

The only thing I haven't tried to do yet to solve my own bug is the in-game method. The cheats might be broken.
  • @bluedanube

"bluedanube;c-17996981" wrote:
    What happens if you:

1. enable cheats,
    2. shift + left click
    3. add several Sims from the dormitory into your active household and
    4. made everyone of them cast a vote to repeal when voting is re-open?

I mean, sure... the results aren't as efficient as the instant repeal cheat but this could be a work-around.

This is the one thing I haven't tried, but the repeal process requires 5 signatures from 5 different sims. Some of them can and will say no. I believe there is an Eco Living Trait from an Aspiration. It might be worth it to create a sim that can handle this stuff.
  • As for the types of sims that will say yes or no, traits do not influence choices. Lilliana has the Good Trait, but she wouldn't sign the petition to remove Rough Housing Encouraged or other more malicious NAPs.
  • I just remembered something while responding to other threads! NAPs only affect sims that live in a specific neighborhood. Try checking the other neighborhoods. If a sim is from a Neighborhood with the NAP active, they will probably continue to wear it.