Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Interesting Trait Combinations

https://i.imgur.com/k7qGJJ7.png?1

I'm experimenting a bit with traits and I've come across an interesting combination that makes my Sim quite the complicated person.

Claudia and James Worthington are a 'happily' married couple. I say happily in inverted commas because while their Romance bar is high, their Friend bar is not (about halfway). Now Claudia's got the 'Jealous' trait, as well as 'Unflirty'. I've not worked with either trait before so this has been interesting to say the least.
James is a politician (the least said about that, the better) and has to schmooze people a lot to get donations for his charity. Whenever he's at work, Claudia's tense moodlet appears and she gets anxious about what he's doing. When he's home, she relaxes so long as there's nobody else around (his flirting with a new resident hasn't helped, I'll admit).
However, when James starts flirting with her, it goes fine but when she was sharing insecurities with a friend (the same neighbour but that's irrelevant at the moment), she mentioned wishing her hubby didn't take things so fast.

So in a nutshell, Claudia's insecure when James isn't around but insecure when he is.

Anyone else found some interesting combination of traits? https://www.allsmileys.com/files/kolobok/justcuz/55.gif
  • An exhausting trait combination is a couple that both have the jealous trait. I've only done that once, and I couldn't play them very long. But when it comes to having that trait, I find the game more enjoyable when the couple is self-employed, or in one of the careers where they can work from home.
  • My favourite sim is gloomy and eccentric coupled with uncontrolled emotion and then soooometimes emotion bomb or w/e it's called from being a celebrity. He's fun to play in that it gives the game a challenge it generally lacks and I appreciate that the game allows for the option of playing someone who isn't neatly neurotypical.
  • I have a sim who’s dastardly and childish. So, he’s mean, but he has a soft spot for kids.
  • I have one Sims that have a loner and cheerful traits with Friend of the World aspiration... :D
  • @LaBlue0314 Yeah, the jealous ones can be exhausting, can't they? It's an interesting one though because it makes for some interesting relationship dynamics.
    @revgrv Crikey, that sounds exhausting if things don't go his way :D
    @QueenofMyshuno That must look quite funny. Mr Mean being all soft with children <3
    @calaprfy Aww, poor child!
    @Bloosmoo I'll bet she's interesting to work with!