Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Invest in stocks?

Just wondered if anyone knew how long it took for the results of the stocks to come through? My Sim invested about a day or two ago and still hasn't seen any simoleons? I didn't think it was going to take long :(
  • It takes 48 hours to get a return (unless unlucky and loosing simoleons) and you have to be on the home lot at that time to receive it. At least that is how it works for me.
  • I've gotten returns -- first time just a couple of hundred Simoleons, but the second time quite a bit back -- don't remember exactly how much. What I want to know is can you invest in stocks after you leave the Business career or does it disappear? I was thinking of having my Sim be a stay at home mom (to have more time to garden) and making some extra money on the stock market would be a good side hobby to earn some money.
  • > @Wenni1988 said:
    > I downloaded a sim from the gallery and didn't realise she had invested in stocks until I received some simoleons. It comes every week

When you get weekly investment rewards it means you have the shrewd trait, which comes from completing the fabulously wealthy aspiration.
  • I googled for these threads because google search searches this site better than the site's search. That said....

Does this do anything but take the money? My sim has invested in stocks several times now and there is never a return. My sim would be better served to have the good trait and donate to charity.
  • "TriX0099;13500438" wrote:
    It takes 48 hours to get a return (unless unlucky and loosing simoleons) and you have to be on the home lot at that time to receive it. At least that is how it works for me.

I will keep trying. My sims don't stay home much.

• I downloaded a sim from the gallery and didn't realise she had invested in stocks until I received some simoleons. It comes every week