Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Is Anyone Else Surprised That They're Putting Kava Kava in the Game?

Considering how the series generally skirts around stuff like alcohol and mari.juana, I was surprised that they're adding in kava kava uncensored. Kava is a pretty intoxicating substance (I know this from experience), so it seems inconsistent. Ultimately I don't have a problem with this; I just find it amusing.
  • "Dianesims;c-17099729" wrote:
    What’s kava kava ?

It's a drink from Oceania (Melanesia, Polynesia, and Micronesia) that is made from a plant's root. In some areas it has spiritual significance, and in areas of Oceania where it's been introduced recently it's primarily a recreational drug. It tastes very earthy and peppery, but that can vary between varieties. Its effects include euphoria, prosocial feelings, and mild (compared to alcohol) impairment of motor skills; on an empty stomach it can cause stomach aches.
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    Thank you. I had never Heard of it. It’s not that surprising they added it, In City Living for instance they had the bubble blowers thingies that are basically narghiles/hookahs.

"DrewRowland;c-17099742" wrote:
    "Dianesims;c-17099729" wrote:
    What’s kava kava ?

It's a drink from Oceania (Melanesia, Polynesia, and Micronesia) that is made from a plant's root. In some areas it has spiritual significance, and in areas of Oceania where it's been introduced recently it's primarily a recreational drug. It tastes very earthy and peppery, but that can vary between varieties. Its effects include euphoria, prosocial feelings, and mild (compared to alcohol) impairment of motor skills; on an empty stomach it can cause stomach aches.

• I was surprised too.
    "Are they introducing alcohol into Sims 4?" I thought. Maybe it's because I've been playing Medieval lately, where they all drink like fishes.
    Then I remembered that it'd mess with the rating, and really, it's not a big thing. Not when we have swimming, dolphin friends, island stewardship, jet skis, volcanoes, and mermaids.
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Dianesims;c-17099729" wrote:
    What’s kava kava ?

I'm hittin' up DuckDuckGo now!
  • yeah im super looking forward to new food and drinks in the island living. im hoping maybe well get some new haverstables aswell?
  • I wasn't expecting it, but I'm not upset by it. I know at least a few of my Sims will partake.