Forum Discussion

Minai9295
Rising Novice
2 years ago

Is jungle adventure like tomb raider

Without the violence and deaths lol
Just collecting, climbing etc… are there different outcomes or you’re stuck in the same world exploring over and over again
    GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    As someone who has played Tomb Raider long before The Sims, I find Jungle Adventures very tombraidery. In fact, I moved Lara Croft into my sim world shortly before the GP was released, looking forward to exploring it with her. She had been sitting in my library ever since I got TS4, patiently waiting for a pack that would give her something meaningful to do. Jungle Adventures was that pack.
  • Literally a pack about stealing another culture's artifacts and selling them for lots of money.

I love TS4, but I'm voting with my wallet and not ever buying this pack.
  • "mightysprite;c-18285878" wrote:
    Literally a pack about stealing another culture's artifacts and selling them for lots of money.

Your sims could do the same as Indiana Jones and say 'this belongs in a museum'
    - One of the aspiration reward traits allows to donate relics to the simsonian museum
    - travel to a museum lot and place the items from your inventory on the floor. Then in build mode you can place them somewhere in the museum lot for display.
  • "Atreya33;c-18285540" wrote:
    "simgirl1010;c-18285094" wrote:
    This thread has reignited my interest in Selvadorada. I've only explored once. And that was back in 2018 when Jungle Adventure was released. Maybe my newlyweds will honeymoon there. ?

Same here, this thread has made me want to go to the jungle again. I even finished the jungle map I had started during my last trip to the jungle. Ironically, after spending time in the jungle to take screenshots , I don't need the map anymore.
    In case anyone wants some help finding their way into the jungle, here it is
    Spoiler
    https://i.imgur.com/Mj3eu85.jpg

thank you so much for this

I have explored all the other parts multiple times but I never found how to get to the island and its been driving me crazy

maybe next time I'll actually make my way there
  • One of my favourite packs. Sure... it may become "repetitive" if you try to find all 5 temples fast. But then again, everyday chores won't??? :p

I love the world, cas and bb. Most of cas fits perfectly in any desert world... but yeah I know I am in minority of liking desert worlds too :D

I have always been Indiana Jones fangirl, anyway :smiley:

I have not yet had one sim to find all temples, but I don't send my sims there too often to get bored (I hardly do anyway, I altered bar and museum to offer my sim much more to do than temple exploring).
  • "Atreya33;c-18285920" wrote:

- One of the aspiration reward traits allows to donate relics to the simsonian museum
    - travel to a museum lot and place the items from your inventory on the floor. Then in build mode you can place them somewhere in the museum lot for display.

Why my museum in Selvadorada and Willow Creek are full of displays :D
    SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Personally I think Tomb Raider was a rip off from Indiana Jones. No offence to the great actress Angeline, she’s great.
    However, Jungle Adventure always reminded me of the Indiana Jones Movies & the Young Indiana Shows.??
    GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Atreya33;c-18285920" wrote:
    "mightysprite;c-18285878" wrote:
    Literally a pack about stealing another culture's artifacts and selling them for lots of money.

That doesn't really change the argument, though, does it? Even if you end up donating stuff to museums rather than selling it for money, you still have to steal it first. I personally don't care because it's just a game and it's fun, like Tomb Raider, but I understand why others might find it offensive.

"SERVERFRA;c-18286324" wrote:
    Personally I think Tomb Raider was a rip off from Indiana Jones.

In a way, it was just that. Lara Croft was originally supposed to be a man, but the studio feared a lawsuit because of the character's similarities to Indiana Jones, so she became a woman. I can't say anything about similarities of the two works beyond the main character because I've never actually watched/read/played anything with Indiana Jones.
  • "Ellupelluellu;c-18286317" wrote:

I love the world, cas and bb. Most of cas fits perfectly in any desert world... but yeah I know I am in minority of liking desert worlds too :D

I like desert worlds, too.

I use a lot of the bb and cas in other worlds, especially the selling table that includes refrigerated storage and the debug bathroom that includes a shower.