Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Is the lotto fair game in legacies?

My sim recently won the lottery, and as it turns out, 1 million is a lot of money, like enough to buy multiple of the biggest in game mansions. Would it be fair to participate in the lottery in a legacy, if you’re meant to be following the rules? Technically, your first gen sim could win really early in the game and money wouldn’t be an issue for the coming generations. What do you think?
  • I'm probably not qualified to answer this because I've never played a legacy, but based on what I've read about them I think I would say no. It seems like winning would defeat much of the purpose of the challenge.
  • Technically, playing the lottery isn't the same as cheating...Why shouldn't you be able to keep it?
    icemanfresh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Well, I'm on my 2nd legacy, and I'd say it goes against the spirit of the challenge (especially during generations 1-3). Pinstar has banned a bunch of other legitimate game mechanics before because they tend to break the challenge
  • Pinstar updated the rules when seasons came out and said legacy sims aren’t allowed to participate because it pretty much ruins the purpose of working hard to gain money.
  • If you play with strict rules, then maybe don't do it. That way you can still go along with the harder game play. If you are following looser rules, or have your own way of playing, then I say you can use that money. You could always take away money if it feels over done or if you want the next generation to have less.
  • "MadameLee;c-16676896" wrote:
    So would Gen 7 be ok for them to play the Lottery?

Yeah---what if your Legacy family is at the point where they have plenty of money anyway?
  • "MadameLee;c-16676896" wrote:

Playing by strict rules, no, at any generation because it’s make it easier. If you’re not playing strictly, go for it.
  • "CrystalAbyss1;c-16676982" wrote:
    "MadameLee;c-16676896" wrote:

Playing by strict rules, no, at any generation because it’s make it easier. If you’re not playing strictly, go for it.

I do need to make a castle for the Gen 8 storyline-so I'm not following the rules at all. I been the heiresses or almost heiresses for plot reasons been removed from the "Estate" for plot reasons.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 7 minutes ago