Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Is the temple just set dressing?

https://i.ibb.co/W26bL7V/Screen-Shot-2020-10-27-at-1-38-18-PM.png

A lot of people said what was on Lilsimsie's stream was fake, which I'm not going to argue about. But let's say it isn't fake-I noticed that the temple is NOT a lot. Does this mean it's just set dressing and we can't interact with it? If so, I'm going to be pretty disappointed...

On the reveal blog, it says:

"Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!"

What do you think?
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Veteran
    Set dressing to an extend, as It may be an ‘open’ lot, meaning that the building or at least part of it can be visited without the need of a loading screen. It’s accessible within the open world of that particular district.
  • A pagoda is usually part of a larger sprawling temple complex. I saw several during my trip to Japan, but if the doors were open it was always blocked off—look don’t touch. Most of them were just in the background during my temple visits. I’m not sure if there is a religious reason for them being closed off. They aren’t skyscrapers with lots to do inside anyway, they usually just keep art and/or relics inside.

There was the Sim who resembled a Buddhist priest(?) in part of the trailer, so maybe there is more to do in the buildings shown behind the pagoda, which are probably also part of the temple.

Maybe they will have a museum like in Selvadorada here? Temple museums often collect interesting relics and historical artifacts.
  • To me it looks like a rabbit hole building. It also looks out of proportion compared with the rest of the buildings. But I think it's some sort of rabbit hole location, kind of like the nearby cemetery. Maybe it's a museum?
  • Maybe it's just like the lighthouse on Deadgrass Island. You can visit it, but it's still a set dressing and sort of a rabbithole.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,102 PostsLatest Activity: 44 minutes ago