Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
5 years ago

Is there a front door bug going around?

Hey all. So this is really annoying. Every time my sim leaves their home lot, they are unable to walk through their front door. There is nothing blocking it. I've had to go into build mode, remove the door, replace it and then it works. But when my sim leaves the lot and returns, I have to do it again again. It's been like 5 times already and it's really frustrating. Any one know?
  • Hm, it sounds like a bug. Are you locking the door the wrong way, ie locking that Sim out of the door?
  • "NationalPokedex;c-17445523" wrote:
    Hm, it sounds like a bug. Are you locking the door the wrong way, ie locking that Sim out of the door?

no it's my entire household who can''t come in and out until I delete it replace it. I never lock the front door in my games.
  • Not sure about frontdoors, but I just had problems with locked doors in my residential "dorm". They have a couple renting roommates, but I never had this problem before. Play that lot only once every 1-2 RL months. When I reset the door everything was ok again, but same problem occurred later with a different door. I found resetting is easier than replacing.
  • Same here.
    I'm also having problems with doors becoming unusable too. Both interior and outer doors. I have to go into build mode and replace them.
    I don't lock them at all. It has happened on more than one lot. I wondered if it was a bug because I have played on these lots for generations and not had problems.
  • "ebonyspiral;c-17445937" wrote:
    Same here.
    I'm also having problems with doors becoming unusable too. Both interior and outer doors. I have to go into build mode and replace them.
    I don't lock them at all. It has happened on more than one lot. I wondered if it was a bug because I have played on these lots for generations and not had problems.

This is very new. I started a new family just several days ago and it's happening. First time ever
    linzstar
    New Spectator
    Yes all my sims were stuck upstairs and refused to leave the room. I didn't understand why. I just went to manage worlds and then went back in and that seemed to reset it. But my game has been a lot laggy then normal lately.