Forum Discussion

5 years ago

IS THERE A WAT TO GET RID OF THE RATS, ROACHES, AND LEAKING PIPES WITHOUT MODS?

I have a residential lot that is not an apartment with the pipes, mouse hole, electrical box and something on the floor up in the air. You can't click on it. It is just floating. I thought I was going crazy because my Sim was always tense because of the smell, mice, etc. I deleted the house and bulldozed the lot and it was still there. I accidently was looking down on the lot and saw them floating in the air without a wall or floor.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I have a question. How did you get these happen on a residential lot?
  • "Chanty25;d-978157" wrote:
    I have a residential lot that is not an apartment with the pipes, mouse hole, electrical box and something on the floor up in the air. You can't click on it. It is just floating. I thought I was going crazy because my Sim was always tense because of the smell, mice, etc. I deleted the house and bulldozed the lot and it was still there. I accidently was looking down on the lot and saw them floating in the air without a wall or floor.

I have a sim living in one of those lots too and I was eventually able to clear everything up. If you see mice, I'm pretty sure you can just click on them and have your sim get rid of them, and same for the other stuff. If the lot has the "needs TLC" trait this stuff will pop up even if you bulldoze. Hope this helps!
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    You can remove those things with cheats so that they disappear forever. Unfortunately you might need the all cheats mod by TwistedMexi. When you are in the apartment in live mode, pause and enter Ctrl + Shift + C. Then type testingcheats true. Then shift click on for example the rat hole and select delete object. The rat hole will be gone forever, this also works with bad smells, roaches etc. it's a bit tricky to shift click on bad smells and roaches to remove it but it is possible.
  • No, that is, not without a mod. It's like the haunted or noisy neighbor traits in other appartments. They're locked, to add a bit of challenge (or annoyance) to the appartment life.

Spoiler
    But there's a way to ged rid of Capslock while writing ;)
  • I have no idea. It just popped up one day. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.