Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Is there a way to disable beard growth?

I've looked under settings, in CAS, clicked on the mirror, clicked and shift-clicked my sim and I can't find a way to disable beard growth? I have the 5 o'clock shadow beard on this sim he eventually grows a goatee and when I have him shave he becomes bare-faced, it doesn't let me style it or anything and I just want him to have that one specific style.
  • There should be a box to uncheck above the beard selection area. It is possible you need to be in CAS full-edit mode to find this.

https://i.imgur.com/qZUR0s2.png
  • "FurAndYarn;c-18228536" wrote:
    There should be a box to uncheck above the beard selection area. It is possible you need to be in CAS full-edit mode to find this.

https://i.imgur.com/qZUR0s2.png

This is explanation that I needed! Idk why I didn't think to look under beards lol.
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    "AlanSims;c-18228594" wrote:
    Does anyone know if shaving completely removes it or just trims it ? I want to know before I do activate that. :)

Once you enable the growth option, you get two choices for shaving, one to remove the beard and one to trim to preferred length (that will revert it back to how it looked when chosen in CAS).
  • "SelinaKyles;c-18228554" wrote:
    Y’all sims beards are growing?? my sim has been the same length for weeks and the option is on

I wonder if it's random, or random per sim? My teen sim started clean shaven and has grown an enormous beard over about 2 sim weeks, while his granddad started with stubble and only ever had it grow once in his life. He shaved it back to preferred length and then it never grew again.
  • "SelinaKyles;c-18228554" wrote:
    Y’all sims beards are growing?? my sim has been the same length for weeks and the option is on

beards and leg hair. It's hysterical. I really need to see how long it will actually grow. I mean, can I get a sasquatch?
  • Yes. Take your household into cas.fulleditmode and then untick the box from hair grow (or however it's worded). I had to do that. It's gets to the point I was having to juggle too much. In fact, after the first few times of having my female Sims shave their legs, I turned it off, too. And gave them the clean-shaven legs, instead. For some reason, my young Rock Star doesn't get the notice to shave. I think I managed to accidentally set his beard grow to scruff, or something. I'll have to fix that.
  • Y’all sims beards are growing?? my sim has been the same length for weeks and the option is on
  • Does anyone know if shaving completely removes it or just trims it ? I want to know before I do activate that. :)
  • > @Kita5399 said:
    > Once you enable the growth option, you get two choices for shaving, one to remove the beard and one to trim to preferred length (that will revert it back to how it looked when chosen in CAS).

Do you also know if you completely shave it off and growth is enabled, will it grow back to its original state?
  • "joRN1414;c-18228870" wrote:
    "SelinaKyles;c-18228554" wrote:

beards and leg hair. It's hysterical. I really need to see how long it will actually grow. I mean, can I get a sasquatch?

That I can't answer, but I wish to thank you for my Afternoon Chuckle. I needed that. ;)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,081 PostsLatest Activity: 10 minutes ago