Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Is this camera angle possible?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4914/45604202964_6cb61c8f38_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4826/46345575821_3fabcd43b3_b.jpg
I'd like to play in this angle. Can't play in the tab mode and the regular camera is looking down from the top.
I know when you zoom in it gets lower, the angle but I want it at all times. Is it possible in any way?
  • @Simpkin, yes, totally possible. Go into options and switch your camera to "The Sims 3 Camera" option. You can select any angle you want to with that camera setting. Just hold middle mouse button and move the mouse to adjust camera angle.

That camera angle is how I mostly play the game....I haven't turned the default camera settings back on since the week the game launched.

One note, however, if you play in sims 3 camera mode and also switch into 1st person mode sometimes you should consult yesterdays patch settings for the cheat codes for switching camera modes when in 1st person...personally didn't see a reason to myself, but the patch notes seem to think you'll want to.

Edit to add: If you do not have a middle mouse button, you can also instead hold control and the right mouse button at the same time, then move the mouse. Does the same thing for camera tilt and pan, middle mouse button is just easier if you have one.
  • Sims 3 camera is the better camera. XD You won't regret it. Hahah.

Although I have to say, it is a bit of a pain to play it with using a laptop mouse pad. So use it with a mouse.
  • @Simpkin It's like any other control scheme...it will take a few days to adjust if you are used to something different, but I bet if you give it a week you'll feel like it's totally normal. Honestly, i don't know how anyone can play the game and NOT use the Sims 3 camera setting unless they are on a laptop with just a touchpad (then I'd use it too)...the default is so limiting in terms of camera angle.

Left click still can be used to quickly move the camera around, btw. I use it all the time. Not exactly grabbing the screen, but similar results.
  • "Simpkin;c-16880697" wrote:
    Stormkeep
    do you just hold down the left click? I'm out of the game now.

I hold down right click to move around and middle mouse to rotate. You will catch on pretty quick since left click is usually for clicking on objects or sims to interact with. Everything else, you will use the right click like what Stormkeep said, you can click to jump, or you can hold it down to slowly scroll (if you want to scroll faster, hold down the Shift key and the right mouse button).
  • @Stormkeep oh great! I'll check it out next time I play!
  • Okay. Tried it. It's so different. I can't even remember this from my Sims 3 days :D
    I just wish the left mouse click still grabbed the screen, otherwise it does what I want :) Will take a while to get used to it now.
  • "DeKay;c-16880623" wrote:
    Sims 3 camera is the better camera. XD You won't regret it. Hahah.

Although I have to say, it is a bit of a pain to play it with using a laptop mouse pad. So use it with a mouse.

I play on laptop but have always used a mouse. The pad is not for playing I think. I can't imagine anyone doing it anyway :D
  • @Stormkeep
    do you just hold down the left click? I'm out of the game now.

• @simpkin, my bad, it's right click that does it. Just right click on the screen anywhere, and the camera jumps to it. My bad for saying left click....