Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Is University worth buying?

I'm thinking about purchasing it from CD keys. Is it worth it? It looks like it to me.
    DoloresGrey
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Absolutely yes! I buy packs only when they're on sale but I couldn't resist in this case and I bought it the day it came out. I don't regret a single coin. It is my favorite pack (after get together) and the world is my absolute favorite one!
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    Bought it when it came out and I found it to be a really engaging pack.

The roommate system I been using a lot in game as well as redoing some of the bathrooms in communit lots with bathroom stalls and some bars with kegs and pingpong tables.

Sims definitely stay busy when in university. Enjoying the robotics skill. :)

Couple of things that need improvements but this pack is what I expect for a Uni pack. I like the various degrees snd the careers that fall under them.
  • I do not as yet have Discover University (I am waiting for it to go on sale for Christmas ?) but the Lazy Gamer gave it a positive review. He is hard on Sims games so it must be good! ?
  • I'm quite sure it is, even at full price. I had it only for a few days yet, and have played about 20 hrs already, but have not explored much of the content yet. The combination of degrees and careers, and subjects even, makes it more interesting to decide the future life of a fresh young adult. Campus also provides for a cool way to meet many potential romantic interests. I like the challenge of doing 3 or 4 subjects per term, and with 4 active students in the same house it became quite difficult, but possible. Just visited a few common lots yet, but so far I love that the 3 different hoods have such varied vibes. At some point I might get bored from going to classes and doing homework, but I know I will still find ways to benefit from this new world. Then you get the new roommate system that is so much more fun than I expected. It can be used off campus if say your sim wants to let a room or even run some sort of a lodging house in any world. Have hardly checked CAS and BB yet, but what I saw look great.
    Netzspannung
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Regarding the gameplay, it adds a new challenge. I managed to get two Sims (separately, I have no idea how people get more than one Sim through Uni!) to get accepted for a distinguished degree and graduate with honours, but time management is key! To me it is a welcome break from regular gameplay. I really like that they added the roommate system. I have only played with it in dorms so far, but I am looking forward to exploring it further outside of Uni.
    Regarding added stuff, I am very impressed with CAS. There are already several items that I cannot do without anymore. BB is also quite good, I especially like the new posters and tiny plants.
    So I definitely think that the pack is worth buying.