Forum Discussion

6 years ago

It Is Impossible To Buy Multiple Stuff Packs At Once..LMAO

Browsing SimsVIP, I see an article stating Origin is having a "STOREWIDE 30% OFF" sale. I find this the perfect time to catch up on some stuff packs, so I head to the store to purchase Some only to find out A CART FEATURE DOES NOT EXIST AND I HAVE BUY THE 7 STUFF PACKS I AM MISSING ONE BY ONE. WHAT?! LMAO...I can't with this store...I really can't.

I spent 10 minutes searching for a freaking cart till I googled it and found carts don't exist.
  • @Sigzy05, You can use the code repeatedly. I bought MFPS, the only pack I didn't already have, and then the next day got Mass Effect Andromeda, used it for both purchases. (5 bucks for ME: Andromeda seemed like a steal)
  • Yah...there's much to be desired with Origin compared to say...Steam or GoG, but the absence of a cart is the biggest issue imo too.
  • Yeah, I also discovered this a while ago and thought I must be missing something. Surely there must be a cart, right? Right?
  • Wait, is TS3 also on sale? I'm missing a few SP's.

Can you use the code only once?
  • Yeah. Missed that you had to manually apply the coupon on my first purchase. Contacted customer support who lied to me that the sale was over(at this moment its still on the store page and just used the coupon 30 minutes on another purchase before contacting CS chat.) and was offered half a discount for future purchases. This and not being able to add multiple items to a cart(which doesn't exist from what you folks are reporting) has pretty much turned me off from using the store for any future purchases. Least any that use this manual "coupon" thing. Unless they automatically apply the coupon, I'm out.
  • @Indrew That's a shame you had a bad experience with their CS. I've actually always had good experiences with Origin CS when I've needed them, so it surprises me that you had this unfortunate experience. If it's been less than 24 hours since you launched the game since that purchase, you can apply for a refund and then rebuy it with the save30 discount.
  • Agreed. First time I noticed the lack of cart option, I spent almost an hour trying to figure it out in settings. Waste of time thinking something was wrong with my computer. Its just preposterous there is no cart!
    icemanfresh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Yeah, people have noted the lack of a cart for quite a while now. It's not really noticeable until there's a reason to buy multiple items at once, like a sale. It's still annoying though :\
  • I get that you were hoping to see a cart feature in the Origin store, but a conversation like this (about Origin's feature set) may be better suited to an Origin forum (say, for example https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/ct-p/origin-en). That in mind, I am closing this. :smile: